Split chicks

sara

Title Needed Here
12 Years
Jun 25, 2007
at the covered bridge, PA
Yesterday I hatched 16 little lavXblack split Ameraucana chicks . I am thrilled with them, and can't wait for them to grow out so my lavender boys have some ladies.

IMG_1677.jpg

IMG_1678.jpg

ETA: That little lavender chick didn't come from these eggs, it's a bantam. I forgot it was in there.
smile.png

Last edited:
Woo hoo!

Make sure you mark those babies so you don't throw them in with the blacks.....
smile.png

Did you get one lavender birdie in the back there????

Last edited:
Yep, they have their own coop waiting for them seperate from the blacks.

Nah, that little one is one of my bantams. It was a left over egg from a broody that I threw in the bator to hatch.
smile.png

Sara,
The pullets from them should increase your size to the needed standard size and they should have good muffs and beards. I still have some hatching under some broody hens right now. I really only needed 4 or 5 five for next year. You should have more pullets than you need if they hatched 50/50. I wish I would have hatched them in Jan instead of now since I got that nice male that hatched this year. Maybe you will compete at the shows next year. You may want to say something on the Ameraucana site since they need 5 breeders for 5 years to have them admitted into the APA. I really don't know what documentation is needed to prove they had the need 5 for 5 years. HS

Harry,
That's a good point, I'll have to post that on the Ameraucana board. Of course first I have to get NPIP because I was reading that you need that to show at the PA farm show, which is where I figured I would try and take them.

Sara

Hey Sara nice hatch
jumpy.gif
...Great job
clap.gif
...You still setting any araucana eggs yet??
hu.gif

1. Sara
2. Harry
3 John B
fl.gif

fl.gif

Over half way there now to do it..Im sure one else will step into those shoes to help out..
gig.gif

Thanks
Charlie

I do have some araucana eggs in my bator, but I think these are my final ones. After some tough choices I think I am going to stop working on them to concentrate on other things. Who knows, maybe I'll just keep one small pen for fun. I just don't have enough space.

Back
Top Bottom