splitting firewood UGH

I am shopping for a wood burning stove!! I want one SOOO bad! I'll split wood for weeks on end if I could just find a reasonably priced used stove!
barnie.gif

We have a wood burning masonry heater with an oven. I ADORE it.
love.gif

Dh split this winter's wood in the spring so it'd dry all summer. He does not think we have enough. I have no clue how many cords it is, but it is 9' high and 15'long. And that is only the first pile......

We burn whatever wood we get. It is usually dropped at our property in log form. We cut it, let it dry a few months split it dry, then it makes it to the big leagues.

Wood warms you four times!

I love splitting wood with an axe. When I was a teenager I used to do it for hours - for fun! Haven't had to do for a few years now but I'm sure I can still swing that axe.

You're in Idaho I am in La. No way to compair. But----------

You splitting by hand or with a hydraulic splitter?

What kind of wood?

Dry or green?

I got me a tool called a MONSTER MAUL, best thing yet.

I actually enjoy splitting wood by hand as long as I don't have to do a lot of it--we have mostly ash which splits easily. When we get a big load I'll haul out the hydraulic splitter but it is almost more work get it out and putting it away as it is to split a small amount by hand. As the saying goes the wood warms you once when you cut it, twice when you split it, three times when you stack it and finally, when you burn it.

Quote:
im splitting by hand.. LOL

Its pine

definatly dry

LOL i dont mind doing a little but man am i tired, i almost have the first 4 cords split.. now to finish stacking it lol

My son loves to split wood..... He would do it every day if we had wood to split...Problem is: We have no where to stack all of the wood he has split already... I send him to my friend's house... He can outsplit any two men. He "reads" the wood and very quickly makes a round into a pile... He demolishes rounds with relish!!!

Quote:
im splitting by hand.. LOL

Its pine

definatly dry

LOL i dont mind doing a little but man am i tired, i almost have the first 4 cords split.. now to finish stacking it lol

WOW!

You guys use pine for firewood. Almost never done down here, mostly we use oak, hickory, pecan, ash or some other hardwood.

But on the other side of the coin, pine ought to split pretty easy.

Back
Top Bottom