Spoiled Chickens

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Jennc6, Apr 13, 2016.

1. Jennc6

Jennc6 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 3, 2015
    Williamsford, Ontario
    Well my friends are telling me that my chickens are spoiled just because I cook my vegetable trimming for them (just enough that they aren't too hard) and also because I cook them oatmeal and raisins with cinnamon for breakfast :rolleyes:

2. Alexandra33

Alexandra33 Chillin' With My Peeps

Hey, why not spoil your girls? [​IMG] It's fun and they like it, so what could be better? My Sicilian Buttercup is the most pampered chicken on the planet, so you're part of my club. [​IMG]

~Alex

3. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

[​IMG] Agreed!

4. CluckerCottage

CluckerCottage Chillin' With My Peeps

So what if you spoil your girls? There is nothing wrong with that so your friends really need to lay off and respect the way you raise them. Mercy, nothing like people trying to tell you your business!
    My chickens are spoiled rotten, just as my 3 indoor kitties are. The pigs are even spoiled, come to think of it!
    My belief is that animals should be well cared for, loved and revered. Keep doing what you're doing Jennc6!

5. yochickiemomma

yochickiemomma Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2015
    Michigan
    I catch heck all of the time for spoiling my chickens too. When it's cold out they get warm oatmeal w fruit or veggie scraps and when Its hot out they get cold treats.

Edited by Staff

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2016

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by