Spoiled Ducks....

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by LuckyDuck411, Aug 9, 2010.

1. LuckyDuck411

LuckyDuck411 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2010
    Indianapolis
    This past weekend we walked our ducks down to our neighbor's. I know bread is not the best for ducks, so I have never feed them any. Well the neighbor had a biscuit and asked if it would be okay to give to the ducks. I said one biscuit wouldn't hurt split between three ducks. Would you believe it...they WOULDN'T touch it! He even tore it into pieces for them. They just looked and the biscuit on the ground and then back up at him like.... 'got peas?' So he went back inside and got them some pieces of an apple. They ate a little bit of that. I must be spoiling them. I was kinda embarrassed that they refused to eat food someone offered them!

2. Denninmi

Denninmi Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2009
    Yes, we all try to teach our children manners as best we can. Sometimes it just doesn't take. We love them anyway in spite of, and sometimes because of, their flaws and imperfections.

3. javajanie

javajanie Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    Southern MD
    [​IMG] Now that's funny! My ducks get cheerios from time to time. Once I switched from name brand to store brand and they stuck their noses up at them! Silly ducks!

4. LuckyDuck411

LuckyDuck411 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Quote:haha...they won't eat store brand cheerios! I don't blame them...depending on the store they aren't always as good!

5. desertdarlene

desertdarlene Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2010
    San Diego
    The ducks I feed don't seem to like peas, but I will get them to like them eventually. They are so spoiled with cracked corn, seed and bread. I gave them crisp rice today and some liked it and some didn't.

I saw a gander refuse "junk" food, too. But, I think he was just not hungry at that time.

6. chikky

chikky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2009
    Glenmont, Ohio
    Mine will only snack on worms and chopped leaf lettuce......so I'm the crazy worm lady out digging in the flower beds and pulling weeds to gather worms for the spoiled ducks! They march up to me and stand there and give me the "evil eye" til I go find them some.

7. tomingreeneco

tomingreeneco Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2010
    Greene County, PA
    Mine hate cheerios, but love cherry tomatoes and watermelon. Will sometimes eat grapes (but only if they think they are stealing them from the chickens).

8. lovesduckies

lovesduckies Bedroom Farm Inc.

Jan 11, 2010
    the ducky room
    i have a duck who is really pretty and she knows it so she's snobby. she will ONLY come to me if she wants worms or if i already have them. at least the others will take cat food. LOL miss priss won't eat cat food, just my expensive worms for my gecko [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by