Spot on ducky's bill, should I be worried?

Pipsmommy

In the Brooder
Jun 19, 2023
Hi, everyone. I'm a new duck mommy to what I suspect is an Indian Runner that I've had since he was a few days old. I got him on May 18th. About a week ago, his bill got bruised, and today in his bath I noticed what appears to be, for lack of a better term, a blood spot. He's grooming, eating, and drinking fine... How worried should I be about this spot? Could it just be residual from his bill being bruised, or that he hit/scratched it on something himself?

I attached a picture of the spot, and of him enjoying his bath tonight as tax. I've never had a duck before and honestly didn't plan on this one, but he's bonded to me very strongly and I love him too, so just trying to be the best duckling mommy I can. Which means I've worried about EVERYTHING.
😅

TIA from Pip's Mommy
20230627_204825.jpg
20230627_202902.jpg

Hello!

That does look like a small bruise or scratch, but it doesn’t look like it’s bleeding, so I wouldn’t say it’s too severe. I think he will be fine, but just keep and eye on it and make sure that it doesn’t get bigger or infected. :) He’s very cute by the way!

Thanks for the replies <3 He definitely seems fine so I'll just keep watch on it and make sure it doesn't get worse. Thanks for indulging a worried duckling mommy 😅

Back
Top Bottom