Spraddle leg and neck kink

Katies Kapons

Chirping
6 Years
Aug 19, 2014
Fergus, Ontario
Hi

I just hatched 8 chicks on Monday night. All are happy and healthy except one. Wednesday night I noticed spraddle legs. So I segregated him and put on a hair tie brace. I've done cup physio a few times a day but things seem to be getting worse not better. He now seems to have a link in his neck. He won't stand and when he tries he ends up flipped on his side and turns towards the kinked neck. I'm not sure what to do! He's eating and drinking (based on poop in the brooder).
I'm at a loss! I've hatched chicks for years and have never had this issue!
Any help would be great!

Attachments

• 16204195304048668732720113083863.jpg
    16204195304048668732720113083863.jpg
    256.3 KB · Views: 9
Update for anyone with issues in the future:
After some more digging thriving the forum, I found a few references to b vitamins, specifically riboflavin (B2). I didn't have straight b's on hand so I put a little bit of an iron supplement that has a ton of b's in it. Within 4 hours he was up and walking! Today he's been reunited with his buddies and he's doing great!

I have added a bit of the supplement to the main water, just in case...

Awesome you found the informations about the vitamins and could help your little sweetie!
I'm glad to hear he is doing so well now and could already be reunited - best wishes for your sweet little one ❤️

Back
Top Bottom