Sprained or broken?

Briannaquinn16

Songster
Feb 18, 2021
Hi this is my chicken Marcie she’s a white rock hen and I noticed her laying down alot and limping and I looked at her foot and it looks swollen what is this can anyone help me?

0B0C5D3E-089C-4F53-84DE-3FE08A6D0208.jpeg

731F094A-E411-4DA2-BA96-5FC8DEF6A735.jpeg

BB45A17C-216C-4077-B1A0-0EE7518DEF9A.jpeg

C817834D-1356-4492-B6D4-5E1920EB3A7B.jpeg

It can't hurt to give it a good soak in some clean water and put some antibiotic cream on it.

Hi this is my chicken Marcie she’s a white rock hen and I noticed her laying down alot and limping and I looked at her foot and it looks swollen what is this can anyone help me?
What antibiotic may I ask?
The greenish/blue color is bruising. She's injured the foot somehow.
Sounds like she's self limiting activity. I would be inclined to leave the foot alone and let her gingerly baby it. Leave her with the flock unless they are picking on her.
Monitor her foot daily to see how it's looking.

Doesn't look like an antibiotic is necessary at this time.

The greenish/blue color is bruising. She's injured the foot somehow.
Sounds like she's self limiting activity. I would be inclined to leave the foot alone and let her gingerly baby it. Leave her with the flock unless they are picking on her.
Monitor her foot daily to see how it's looking.

Doesn't look like an antibiotic is necessary at this time.
Okay thank you I’ll leave her withthe flock and she’s on the top anyway so no one dares to mess with her but I hope the pain goes away I’m dont like seeing my baby go through this but it doesn’t look serious so It should be fine…….but I did notice she’s walking and laying down

Okay thank you I’ll leave her withthe flock and she’s on the top anyway so no one dares to mess with her but I hope the pain goes away I’m dont like seeing my baby go through this but it doesn’t look serious so It should be fine…….but I did notice she’s walking and laying down
Just keep watch on her, it can take a while to recover from bruising.

Back
Top Bottom