Help rooster foot swollen!

Flaka

Chirping
Aug 23, 2023
Hi everyone I am posting a picture of my roosters bottom of the foot and top is swollen also. I have tried Epsom salt for his foot and haven't seen difference he also limps. Hopefully you can help me out. Sometimes it's one chicken then another it happens. Thank you ahead of time.

Attachments

• 20240322_111610.jpg
    20240322_111610.jpg
    395.8 KB · Views: 31
  • 20240322_111141.jpg
    20240322_111141.jpg
    398.7 KB · Views: 8
Could it be bumblefoot or scaly leg mites? It's hard to see if the scales are raised on his leg... doesn't really look like it.

It is possible that he has injured his lower leg or joint of the foot. I would limit his ability to jump or run around for a couple of weeks, to force rest of the leg. Let us know if he develops any swelling in the other foot/ankle.

It is possible that he has injured his lower leg or joint of the foot. I would limit his ability to jump or run around for a couple of weeks, to force rest of the leg. Let us know if he develops any swelling in the other foot/ankle.
Hi thank you that's what I thought is there anything else I can put on his foot for the swelling? I will kep you updated.Thank you

Could it be bumblefoot or scaly leg mites? It's hard to see if the scales are raised on his leg... doesn't really look like it.
Hi the scales are not rised up. I thought at first it was bumble foot but I did the Epsom salt and it was the same so it can be an injury it's hard to tell. But I really appreciate it.

Hi thank you that's what I thought is there anything else I can put on his foot for the swelling? I will kep you updated.Thank you
Also I have a question for you on another post I posted on my chicken she got hurt real bad outside her crop chest part anyway I can stop her from pecking herself?

Resting the leg will help if it is an injury. A sprain or fracture may take a few weeks to heal. They should be allowed to jump or run. A dog crate or pen with food and water is good for that. Epsom salts warm soaks once a day might make it feel better.

Resting the leg will help if it is an injury. A sprain or fracture may take a few weeks to heal. They should be allowed to jump or run. A dog crate or pen with food and water is good for that. Epsom salts warm soaks once a day might make it feel better.
Thank you so much

Back
Top Bottom