Spring 2011 RAISE-A-LONG!

Quote:
Help me out since I am new....what does TSC stand for?!
idunno.gif
LOL

Tractor Supply Co.

Oh I somehow missed this thread. What a great idea, especially since I'm new and don't want to keep starting new threads to ask all my dumb questions.
smile.png
I'll join in. We got some two week olds last month, but are getting our first day olds sometime soon (like the next couple of days soon hopefully). I love reading about all the babies and seeing pictures.
smile.png

I will be getting my baby chicks in another month - I am loving seeing your chick pictures and can't wait to be able to post mine as well. I have a lot to learn. Very excited and making plans for my coop and brooder!

anyone ever take chicks on a road trip?

i'm going up to my parents house about forty miles from here
and was thinking of taking the chicks too,
they're almost two weeks old

please let me know if you think this is a bad idea.

I also fell victim to the TSC chick days:)

Chicken count to date:
2 Tetra Tint hens
4 Golden Comet Hens
2 brahma chicks (from straight run bin)

My local feed store will be getting straight run RIR chicks soon. I really want a couple of them, I love love love RIRs:)

And a local guy raises Red Star chickens. I am deciding if I would like to add any of them eventually.

Good thread. I am a new chick raiser! We just got them yesterday. 4 Maran and 4 Ameraucana (or EE I guess is what you guys call them). We are so excited!

72181_dsc_0064.jpg

72181_dsc_0050.jpg

72181_dsc_0048.jpg

It's kinda funny how SOOO many of the babies look the same
wink.png
I have mutts and they still look like many of yours!

81805_2_22_041.jpg

81805_2_22_039.jpg

81805_2_22_035.jpg

81805_2_22_033.jpg

81805_2_22_031.jpg

81805_2_22_027.jpg

81805_2_22_025.jpg

81805_2_22_009.jpg

81805_2_22_006.jpg

This guy has a splay leg.. He's in a hobble
wink.png

81805_2_22_004.jpg

Sorry if I posted these before.. my brain is mush.. vacation coming!! YAY

ItsAZOO32 - You must be quick with the camera. I don't know if I could get individual shots of the chicks yet. They are so fast! Maybe in a few days I will be able to.

It's a bit early for me but I'm going to join in now anyways lol! I am getting 10 silkie chicks from cackle in 32 days. Yes, I'm counting the days....
My brooder is all set up and the coop is built. Just need to make a run for my babies next. Using a wire dog crate with cardboard around the bottom for my brooder.
The waiting is driving me crazy, so I'm really enjoying all your stories and pics!

Back
Top Bottom