Spring 2011 RAISE-A-LONG!

Quote:
Welcome to BYC this site is sooo addicting so when you get ready to explore the site do not forget to set your kitchen timer so you do not forget about your other chores, errands ect that you need to do like i do LOL. So i tend to set mine to remind myself to get off now and then.
Have fun with your new babies. and post pics we would love to see what you get.
deana

Hooray, welcome!

And yes, setting a timer is a FABULOUS idea so you don't get too carried away
wink.png

I think my Hubby is actually even getting a little excited about these pending babies. ...today I came home from visiting my stepdad( lives in Amish country...currently in the hospital in ICU..long story..but he'll be fine) and lo and behold Rick had an empty egg carton sitting out on the counter. I asked him if he washed it out and he said..."well you ARE saving these right?" LOL Guess he's looking forward to gathering eggs someday> Hooray!!
So things are moving in the right direction. PUlling a double tomorrow and going to be narrowing down my pic of the chix this weekend for pending first of the week purchase. Really hoping TSC gets in more RI reds as they were out last week...I'll call this week and find out for sure.

NEWSFLASH!!!
today my chick hopped, this is the first time ive ever seen one of my chicks hop! Today we also pulled the light back further and no one "cussed" at me. LOL.

Hey there! I'm new to BYC, but have been following along on the boards for a week or so. I just got my first chicks yesterday from TSC. I went in hoping to find some Silkies, and sure enough, the only 5 bantams left in the bin were ALL Silkies!! I was so excited! I quickly told the lady working there that I wanted those 5, before anyone else took them! LOL She let me buy just those 5, despite their minimum of 6 rule. They are all so cute! I was a nervous wreck all last night while trying to sleep, and was so relieved to wake up and see their fuzzy lil faces staring up @ me!!
big_smile.png
It's quite fun and they all already have their own lil personalities!!

Bumping up this thread for those who want to join in!

My girls turned 5 weeks yesterday, they are getting SO big! They're beginning to outgrow their brooder box, which is not good because we have NO coop built for them yet. Ut oh!
big_smile.png

My bigger ones are 7-13 weeks and still no coop. They should be in by this weekend though.
fl.gif
The rain really held up getting the roof on for a while, unfortunately. Now, rain or shine, we're out there working on it most days. I was pulling pallets apart and stapling up hardware cloth in hail yesterday!

Our little ones are 2-4 weeks, and outgrowing their brooder box too. We need to get the bigger ones outside so we can move the little ones into the bigger brooder. We're even discussing moving the little ones to the coop too (in a separate area, with a light), but I would be so paranoid about the light going out in the middle of the night or something. We might wait until they're a little more feathered so that if the light did go out, at least they'd have a chance.

My, um, *original* chicks are 6 weeks old but I accidentally fell down in the feed store and 6 more chicks fell into my cardboard box that I was holding. Accidentally.
hide.gif

My chicks are almost 5 weeks and have been outside in a hutch since 2-3 weeks. They had a light for a a while but I live in Florida so it's pretty hot and with 9 of them they are fine. They free range all day and go to bed themselves at night. We are working on the coop. Got it mostly built last weekend and will HOPEFULLY finish up this weekend. The run will be a whole different project.

81805_coopwk1.jpg

My chickies are four and six weeks old now. We finally got the coop done and this evening when my fiance gets off work we're going to move it from the garage to the yard. It's still in the 40's here at night, so for now the chicks are going to be out in the coop during the day and inside the house again at night.

Back
Top Bottom