Spring 2017 first timers post!

Pics
Now that my babies have had time to settle in, I can start playing with them!
big_smile.png
In short sessions, of course. Today I went ahead and got some pictures of my new munchkins to name them.

Hope you like pictures!

Becky (Named after the loon in Finding Dory.)

Chirp (She talks a lot. ...like all the time.)

Daenarys (Named after the Game of Thrones character; she's the palest of the yellow chicks.)

Ginny (Named after the Harry Potter character.)

Jet (Because she's jet black!)

Lessa II (Named after the Dragonriders of Pern character and my deceased ferret by the same name.)

Maizy II (Named for my goddaughter's favorite character and my deceased pullet by the same name.)

Mulan (Named after the Disney character.)

Onyx (Because she's as black as onyx.)

Pan (The reverse of nap because she sleeps a lot. This is the one I'm most worried about.)

Two Tone (Named after a horse I rode in Ireland. She has a two-toned face like he did.)

Quote:
Welcome! What kind of chicks did you get? Pictures please!
Lightning took out our internet yesterday! I'll try to get pics up later today. I received 10 Barred Hollands, 2 Welsummers, 2 buff Orpington, & 2 Easter edgers. One wasn't doing so well, so I gave it some water from a dropper, held it for a while til it perked up. And everyone looks good now.

My first time is this spring (definitely an amature at birds in general)! Have 9 chickens, 3 Khaki Campbell ducklings, 3 Silkie chicks, 10 quail chicks & a small order from Ideal coming in after Valentines (my hubby's present to me). I must say it's time consuming, but I have come to enjoy my early mornings watching them at play when the weather permits. It's a learning process for sure though. I'll have to post pictures of them in a bit, especially when I get my package next week :D (Here's hoping everyone arrives in good health!)

My first time is this spring (definitely an amature at birds in general)! Have 9 chickens, 3 Khaki Campbell ducklings, 3 Silkie chicks, 10 quail chicks & a small order from Ideal coming in after Valentines (my hubby's present to me). I must say it's time consuming, but I have come to enjoy my early mornings watching them at play when the weather permits. It's a learning process for sure though. I'll have to post pictures of them in a bit, especially when I get my package next week :D (Here's hoping everyone arrives in good health!)

That's exciting! I can't wait for your pictures. What do you think of your ducks? I'd love to add on some cayuga to my growing flock.

Now that my babies have had time to settle in, I can start playing with them! :D In short sessions, of course. Today I went ahead and got some pictures of my new munchkins to name them. Hope you like pictures! Becky (Named after the loon in Finding Dory.) Chirp (She talks a lot. ...like all the time.) Daenarys (Named after the Game of Thrones character; she's the palest of the yellow chicks.) Ginny (Named after the Harry Potter character.) Jet (Because she's jet black!) Lessa II (Named after the Dragonriders of Pern character and my deceased ferret by the same name.) Maizy II (Named for my goddaughter's favorite character and my deceased pullet by the same name.) Mulan (Named after the Disney character.) Onyx (Because she's as black as onyx.) Pan (The reverse of nap because she sleeps a lot. This is the one I'm most worried about.) Two Tone (Named after a horse I rode in Ireland. She has a two-toned face like he did.)
Adorable babies, and I love the names
1f60d.png
Its awesome you think the names through so well, I couldn't tell you why I name half my animals their names
1f602.png

Back
Top Bottom