Spring Peafowl

nfrost

Chirping
8 Years
May 1, 2011
My peaock recently started turning green in the tail, that was all cool and all, but why is it growning lopsided, is it always gonna be lopsided or why is there only one side growing, and it took literally 1-2 weeks to grow that much longer.

This other peafowl has white on his flight feathers so im thinking his mom or dad was a white? but whats with teh white on his tail at first i thought it was cause mabet he others would pull out his tail but i have never seen them pick on him, and its getting whiter, or worse, depeneding on what it is could he possible have a white train growin or no?

P.S. there pretty tame towards me u can barely see the blackshoulder at my feet, but they dont like other humans as much

Well it looks like you have a young guy there with the lopsided train; how old is he?
In my limited experience, their trains don't seem to grow in evenly until they are three years old.
The two two-year-old guys here have very uneven train feathers; some eye feathers, all different lengths, definitely still uneven.
Although that does not prevent them from showing off their lovely lopsided trains to the girls!!!
As your guy is doing for the chickens...

you have a few young males....even the blackshoulder..i miss the white train feathers.

they will be fine as 2 yr olds .feathers come in late fall early winter

Back
Top Bottom