Spring Poultry Orders - Ideal Poultry

I got my chicks this past Friday & unfortunately my Ideal experience isn't what I'd hoped for. I've lost 1-2 chicks every single day. I had ordered Exchequer Leghorns, WCB bantam Polish & some bantam size Light Brahmas. I only have like 1-3 of each breed left now. None of those breeds compare (healthwise) to the red male chicks (packing peanuts) that came with my order, those are the most healthiest liveliest chicks I've ever seen in my life. Not sure what's up with the others but I did contact Ideal & their customer service is wonderful. They shipped out replacements for me today. Keeping my fingers crossed.

I also got my chicks from Ideal this Friday, I ordered 37 chicks (Kraienkoppe, black sumatras, black shamo, cayuga ducks, golden phoenix) five arrived dead(but I expected some losses). Then by the time I got home about 30 minutes, five more were dead. By Friday night I only had one cayuga duck, 2 black shamo, 1 black sumatra and 1 Kraienkoppe. :( I will call and see what the say about this. I have ordered in the past from them and have had casualties but never these many. I will update this when I speak to them on Monday.

I got my chicks this past Friday & unfortunately my Ideal experience isn't what I'd hoped for. I've lost 1-2 chicks every single day. I had ordered Exchequer Leghorns, WCB bantam Polish & some bantam size Light Brahmas. I only have like 1-3 of each breed left now. None of those breeds compare (healthwise) to the red male chicks (packing peanuts) that came with my order, those are the most healthiest liveliest chicks I've ever seen in my life. Not sure what's up with the others but I did contact Ideal & their customer service is wonderful. They shipped out replacements for me today. Keeping my fingers crossed.

The reason the males look better is because they are a bigger sturdier breed, most likely Production Red or Rhode Island Red. The chicks that you lost are much more fragile and more difficult to ship. That would be the same with the customer above with the losses.

Anytime any of you lose chicks in shipment or within a couple of days of receipt, please give us a call at 800-243-3257 option 2 and we will be glad to provide you with a refund or reship the poultry.

Thank you,

Teri

I got my order a couple weeks ago, everyone arrived peeping and great. Haven't lost any since, am awaiting my next order this week, and will probably place at least one more order in the beginning of March. Very happy with prices and quality of chicks so far :) Oh! And was thrilled, because I ordered 10 blue type chicks (both moderns, 5 blue, 5 silver blue) and I received no black chicks, most places you receive about the right percentages for hatching out of blues (25% black, 25% splash, 50% blue). And am VERY happy with the customer service, I got a call about some of the eggs not being fertile, and she worked with me to refill my order, very nice and professional and fun to talk to :)

I wanted to order Spitzhaubens and I put in the "Notify Me" button around October when the hatcheries were shut down or slowing down for the year.

For some reason I didn't get any emails and I thought nothing of it until now when the posts were being made. I was thinking it may have been a glitch somewhere.

Let me go and try again for the "Notify Me" button for the Spitzhaubens.

What breeds were you interested in ordering? What address did you send the e-mail to? What name is on the waiting list. I will be glad to work with you to find out what happened.

Toward the end of December or beginning of January we notified everyone on the wait list with an e-mail stating we would begin booking orders for 2012 on January 23rd. Since that time the waiting list has continued to grow and we are notifying people as items begin to come available. Please let me know the specifics so that I can look into what may have happened with your wait list request.

Teri

We are trying to call you right now to book them. Please give us a call 800-243-3257 option 2
I wanted to order Spitzhaubens and I put in the "Notify Me" button around October when the hatcheries were shut down or slowing down for the year.

For some reason I didn't get any emails and I thought nothing of it until now when the posts were being made. I was thinking it may have been a glitch somewhere.

Let me go and try again for the "Notify Me" button for the Spitzhaubens.

I called them up and told them about my chicks being dead, they were very professional about it. I will be getting my replacements this week and I even ordered some Buff Orpingtons, silver laced cochins, crele old english bantams, and some golden sebrights. I will keep ordering my chicks thru them and I am very satisfied with their friendly customer service.

I wish you guys could put actual picture of your birds on your site. Pictures are nice to see how they are supposed to look but what do your birds actually look like? Thanks! I'm very interested in some D'Uccles. Mainly golden necked and whites. maybe a few procaine's. I have a few hens but no roo.

Back
Top Bottom