1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Spring Poultry Orders - Ideal Poultry

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by idealpoultry, Jan 13, 2012.

1. idealpoultry

idealpoultry Official BYC Community Sponsor

Sep 25, 2007
    Cameron, TX
    CELEBRATING 75 YEARS OF QUALITY POULTRY
    937-2012

We are now taking orders for spring 2012 on our website for most of the breeds. Some breeds which have not yet begun to lay will still be shown as sold out. Others that are not available at this time, but we know we will have them at a later date show as "out of season", you may book these breeds now and they will be shipped to you later in the spring.

Many breeds have very limited availability and will sell out soon.

We will begin taking orders by phone on Monday, January 16th. Our office hours are Mon - Fri from 8 am to 5 pm central time.

If there are breeds that you would like to order but are not currently able to be booked, please place your name on our waiting list and we will contact you as soon as they become available. If you place an order as well as place items on our waiting list, please note that in the comment section of your order so that we can try to ship all of your items at one time. Often we have a few of an item but can not make them available online due to the small supply.

We appreciate your business and support. If you ever have any problems or concerns please don't hesitate to contact Ross our retail department manager at [email protected].

Teri Adcox
    Co-Owner
    Ideal Poultry

800-243-3257 option 2 for retail sales

2. pips&peeps

pips&peeps There is no "I" in Ameraucana

Jan 18, 2008
    Newman Lake, WA
    Could you start advertising your easter eggers as easter eggers please and not call them ameraucanas anymore???

3 people like this.
  3. ASweetHeart

ASweetHeart Out Of The Brooder

Oct 3, 2011
    So excited!! I just placed an order. I've been checking the site daily to see when things would be available again. I ordered white silkies, faverolles, and a few duccles. Really wanted a few lemon blue modern bantams, but hubby gave me a $$ limit, lol. Next time....

I'd reccommend Ideal to anyone. I placed my first order at the end of last October. I ordered the 25 bantam assortment. I recieved 26 chicks, all in perfect health except 1 with a broken leg. I lost a few more due to an issue with the waterer - but the survivors are all heathy & most are sweet & friendly!!

4. MommaHen

MommaHen Out Of The Brooder

Nov 19, 2007
    Missouri
    Just placed an order for WCB bantum Polish & some others. This will be my first experience with Ideal. Hoping chicks arrive safely on time & are healthy. I'm excited[​IMG]

5. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    I agree with Pips about the Ameraucana name. Any smart chicken folks would figure that one out eventually.

I would like to order Spitzhaubens and they are not yet available.

6. Arielle

Arielle Chicken Obsessed

Feb 19, 2011
    Massachusetts, USA
    Yeah ! I've been waiting for months to order . . . . will go see if what I want is available. .IIWhere can I see availability for later in the Spring?? A few breeds have had the 2012 notice removed and are available for ordering but few others. :) Maybe on Monday this will change?

Last edited: Jan 13, 2012
  7. yoie

yoie Chillin' With My Peeps

Just ordered my chicks, ducklings, and goslings today! Can't wait to get them at the end of February. This is my second year ordering from Ideal, I just love them!![​IMG]

8. blitz1027

blitz1027 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 10, 2011
    Natchitoches
    Just ordered my chicks[​IMG] supposed to be here on the 8th of Feb. Got 6 Welsummer hens, 3 Welsummer roosters, 3 Barred Cochin hens and 1 Buff Brahma rooster.

9. ChickieBooBoo

ChickieBooBoo Cold Canadian Chick

Dec 2, 2009
    Canada
    I just placed an order for 100 pullets and 6 goslings for mid-April!

This will be my first time importing birds into Canada [​IMG]

10. flgardengirl

flgardengirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2009
    Sunny side up :)
    I had inquired to be notified by Ideal for certain chicks a few months ago and they said they would notify me when they were in stock and now it says sold out till May and NO ONE notified me. I was originally told they would have some by Feb 2012. Very disappointed. I probably won't order from them again since I was misled this time. Sent an email but no response.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2012

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by