"Springing in the Chicks" 2016 April Hatch-a-Long Hosted by Mike & Sally

Oh Sally, I don't know what to do! All my Golden Neck D'uccles that were set first are fertile...

I'm gonna be in trouble if we get that many chicks!
lol.png

Ok, Just did my Day 7 candle. Looks like all 13 of my shipped eggs are developing, none of my eggs from my hens. I don't think my lemon cuckoo cockerel had things figured out yet before I sold him!

Turns out my husband will be going out of town next week, so he will miss hatching day & he won't be able to help with the incubator like he did last time. So I have to learn to do a bunch of stuff myself this time, like how to add water to the incubator...Hopefully I can get him to set up the heat lamp for the brooder before he goes, cause I don't like messing with it.

I have one of those styrofoam Little Giants...When am I supposed to take out the plugs again? Is it Day 10? Can't find that info for some reason. Air cells all look ok except for 1 which seems bigger and leaning to the side more, I guess from shipping.

Ok, Just did my Day 7 candle. Looks like all 13 of my shipped eggs are developing, none of my eggs from my hens. I don't think my lemon cuckoo cockerel had things figured out yet before I sold him!

Turns out my husband will be going out of town next week, so he will miss hatching day & he won't be able to help with the incubator like he did last time. So I have to learn to do a bunch of stuff myself this time, like how to add water to the incubator...Hopefully I can get him to set up the heat lamp for the brooder before he goes, cause I don't like messing with it.

I have one of those styrofoam Little Giants...When am I supposed to take out the plugs again? Is it Day 10? Can't find that info for some reason. Air cells all look ok except for 1 which seems bigger and leaning to the side more, I guess from shipping.

Good news on your shipped eggs. Sorry your roo wasn't getting the job done.
Taking the plugs out on day 10 is right.

Here is some links to info on oxygen and ventilation.

VENTILATION (OXYGEN)

Hatching at High Altitudes post #37908
O2 deprivation to day 10 of incubation followed by regular oxygen concentrations leads to stronger chicks post #33815

NEVER USE VENT holes as a means to Control HUMIDITY especially during HATCH DAYS!

Back
Top Bottom