"Springing in the Chicks" 2016 April Hatch-a-Long Hosted by Mike & Sally

Quote:
hugs.gif

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif

Quote: he has little serama eggs to hatch

Quote: correct! NOT ENTIRE INCUBATION!!!! until day seven!!

HUMIDITY Humidity is NOT a set number!

Its a tool to get the correct weight loss in the egg! post #7068

When to turn!!! Shipped Eggs = Change Of Plans! post #53845

Hey all!

@Sally Sunshine

I have a broody due on the 4th and we are planning another hatch hopefully in April may I join?

We are already collecting eggs for it so we have to do it.
smile.png
lol
YAYAYYAYAYA of course you can come over!!!! We love you!!! Welcome!!

I've got 45 (give or take one) eggs in a LG. It's all colorful eggs-either Marans eggs (pure, because our rooster is marans) or Easter egger barnyard mix, so it is all blues and chocolate browns. Set yesterday but my temperatures are giving me trouble-any suggestions appreciated!
clap.gif
what bator? @LA~Poulet

TIPS TRICKS for Incubators

ADD a LEGO to your dial of cheap styro bator to make minor adjustments! post #38133
Wrapping a bator for steadier temps post #25454
HEAT SINKS/ Stones/Pebbles ADD THEM TO STYRO! post #43903

i didn't realize how hard serama eggs can be to hatch. i had them shipped to me. i hope we get at least a few. we have 18 eggs.

they are hard because people run too low and they tend to really loose weight at the end of incubation and it cant be gained back at the end, as I said earlier

Serama have been one of our Breeding Flocks for years now, we have hatched and shipped very many.

Quote:
smaller eggs tend too loose weight faster than reg eggs, and darker eggs that have coloring deposited on them need much less humidity, reg fowl eggs I run 30-35 first seven days and 55 for smaller serama and small bantams, silkies I did 40% and checked and adjusted from day 7.

HUMIDITY Humidity is NOT a set number!

Its a tool to get the correct weight loss in the egg! post #7068

So far I got: Sunny, Kay, Lucky, Alita (means small winged one) and Pingu. Need names for the white silky and one of Jaces chicks...

Back
Top Bottom