"Springing in the Chicks" 2016 April Hatch-a-Long Hosted by Mike & Sally

I now have 4 hatches scheduled in April, Svant Hona, old English self blue bantams, comets, ameraucanas, and now more Welsummers. Some are going to be sold as chicks, but the black hens are keepers. I still keep looking for more hatching eggs for sale. I think I have a problem.

I'm going to be joining this Hatch A Long! I received 24 more EE/OE eggs to set (they have awful, free moving air cells, just like the 24 I had for the Easter HAL) and I'll be setting some eggs from my new turkey hens. They spent some time with their previous owner's tom before coming to me, so I'd like to see if some of their eggs are fertile from the previous tom before my guy takes over the job! I'll likely be setting everything on April 1st.

Quote: Yes keep hatching!

Speaking of babies...I just got a new niece!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ya.gif
(MUST SEE PICTURES
tongue.png
!!!!!!!)
Congratulations!

Here is what I have so far. There are 16 chicks. I think a couple didn't make it in the pic

Awwww Cute!

I now have 4 hatches scheduled in April, Svant Hona, old English self blue bantams, comets, ameraucanas, and now more Welsummers. Some are going to be sold as chicks, but the black hens are keepers. I still keep looking for more hatching eggs for sale. I think I have a problem.
Wonderful, you have a busy April scheduled.

I'm going to be joining this Hatch A Long! I received 24 more EE/OE eggs to set (they have awful, free moving air cells, just like the 24 I had for the Easter HAL) and I'll be setting some eggs from my new turkey hens. They spent some time with their previous owner's tom before coming to me, so I'd like to see if some of their eggs are fertile from the previous tom before my guy takes over the job! I'll likely be setting everything on April 1st.

Good luck with the shipped eggs, I hope you get some Poults too!

Does setting in March 31st count as setting for April?

If so, I'll be in.
These are going to be "For Sale Only" chicks, but if a special one pops out, well you know that story.

Does setting in March 31st count as setting for April?

If so, I'll be in.
These are going to be "For Sale Only" chicks, but if a special one pops out, well you know that story.
Yes, as long as the egg spends one in in April in an incubator or under a hen, it counts. Glad you're able to join us!

Soooo I had to open my bat or to add water... And SOOoo I may have shut the light off for just a few seconds to shine a flashlight through :) I def saw some veining and probably some clears BUT I am only day 4

That was bad of me

Lol couldn't help myself

Item 11300? I think that is the model number. 

Ah, ok. Just wondering if you had the 9200 model...
Soooo I had to open my bat or to add water... And SOOoo I may have shut the light off for just a few seconds to shine a flashlight through :) I def saw some veining and probably some clears BUT I am only day 4

That was bad of me

Lol couldn't help myself

Nah, its fine! :thumbsup

Back
Top Bottom