"Springing in the Chicks" 2016 April Hatch-a-Long Hosted by Mike & Sally

Discussion in 'Hatch-A-Longs' started by Sally Sunshine, Mar 3, 2016.

1. chickendreams24

chickendreams24 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 30, 2015
    Wisconsin, USA

Funny we also had an aggressive sebright cockeral but he was a mix yes that's right a mix from the hatchery. And he wasn't even hen feathered probably BC of the mix and he was evil incarnate. He would stalk you and was so aggressive when we put him down we had to shoot him BC he couldn't be handled at all. He would even attack in his sleep and would attack you on the porch and he was relentless. I don't miss him at all. It was odd though BC he had no aggression as a chick and loved people when he reached puberty it was like a switch flipped.

You're both wrong I have the cutest chicks ever!!!

2. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

Last edited: Mar 30, 2016
  3. darkbluespace

darkbluespace Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2014
    Portland Oregon

Thanks, I hope so too. Today is day 42 and I still have a while to go. :barnie. They are at 95.5 to 96 or so, the temp at the bottom of my cabinet incubator.

4. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

5. BantyChooks

BantyChooks Sing Brightly Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 1, 2015
    Impossible!! :plbb [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    AWW Harmony was adorable!!! :love And never forget again! :lau
    Ya gotta get cuter pics first! :p

6. dolfi

dolfi Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2013
    kissimmee, florida
    Sally, Harmony is getting so big. Time flies so fast.
    One of my babies went broody. She's so good. I tried to get her to a coop to herself but she wouldn't sit on her eggs, so I had to let her be. The thing is that where she is is overcrowded. But she defends her nest to the max.
    I have tried numerous of times to incubate some duck eggs and am unsuccessful. Don't know how it's done. So I put three under her.
    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

7. Hawk12

Hawk12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2015
    Hayden, ID
    I'm going to try to join. My new bator should be here Friday and eggs should arrive next week. Just want to make sure they all arrive before I commit :)

3 people like this.
  8. mamahmendez

mamahmendez Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 11, 2016
    SW Austin, TX
    Welcome to everyone that has joined in the past 200 or so posts.
    Also, I saw a lot of cute chick photos and Zia is a cute dog!

And, am I the only one sitting around waiting on chicks to hatch? Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock.... Just waiting. I think paint actually dries faster than this. The worse part is I actually can't tell if anything is going to happen or not. Just waiting.

Edit: I am on day 20 so...

3 people like this.
  9. karenerwin

karenerwin Overrun With Chickens

Jun 11, 2013
    Cedar Hill, Missouri
    I'm joining! I'm going to set some black penedesenca eggs. Hopefully with better luck than the Easter Hal... None of those hatched but 2 had full sized chicks, they just never pipped or hatched. I also had 2 or 3 that were real early quitters.. I am going to attempt using a scale to keep track of weight loss this time. I'm not setting them until next week at the earliest.

2 people like this.
  10. pjnbill22

pjnbill22 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2016
    Merced, CA
    Set for April HAL (hope I'm not too early to report #s)
    3/24:
    6 Cuckoo Bluebar from MPC- got more info after purchase and probably would have picked somethings different as reviews here aren't favorable.
    10 White Leghorn- shipped from TN
    18 of our OE
    12 of our EE
    3/27:
    30 Nanci's mutts (coworker Nanci's barnyard assortment, includes NNs)
    10 White Plymouth- shipped from SE Cali
    12 Ermenett color EE x black Ameraucana shipped by jerryse from BYC 24 hr auction
    3/28:
    7 Sebastopol goose eggs- gifted by Nanci, a coworker
    =105
    Unless we have a hen go broody, this hatch will probably be it for the spring- fishing/camping season is just around the corner and I hear high Sierra trout and foothill largemouth bass calling! :jumpy

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by