"Springing in the Chicks" 2016 April Hatch-a-Long Hosted by Mike & Sally

Discussion in 'Hatch-A-Longs' started by Sally Sunshine, Mar 3, 2016.

1. Chaos18

Chaos18 Minion King Premium Member

Mar 24, 2015
    Slowly Losing it......
    I just didn't know if it would hold excess humidity because its cardboard and absorbent and than throw off your humidity.

2 people like this.
  2. mlm Mike

mlm Mike Sunna and Mani Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 14, 2010
    Hardy Township, OH
    Good morning. How long has the stool been soft. Yes, changing feed could cause. You could take it off grains and just let her have hat and see if that gets her back to normal.

I don't know what you are doing for grains, but you might want to consider http://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/pr...wer-16-medicated-goat-feed-50-lb?cm_vc=-10005
    It helps them with cocci. Not enough medication to usually help one already sick, but helps the others not showing signs yet.

Not certain that is what your little one has, but it is a possibility.

I don't know if I gave you these links are not:

http://www.tennesseemeatgoats.com You may want to peruse the Health, Nutrition, and Management articles.

http://fiascofarm.com Lots of info, I don't like the site design though. More of a natural remedy type site. I do real meds.

1 person likes this.
  3. Pensmaster

Pensmaster Chicken Obsessed

Jan 10, 2014
    Northern California
    Good Morning I may have some Buff Orpington eggs to hatch in April. A friend of mine might pick some up for me. However waiting till April might make them too old. Picked up at Easter from his brother.

4. campingshaws

campingshaws True BYC Addict Premium Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana
    We got her last Friday, I noticed it a few days after. Her tail is messy. It's not runny, but more creamy. One of the twins did the same thing, and I gave him smaller bottles and it resolved. I'm feeding Dumor goat feed from TSC. It said for all life stages. I have the bottle feeding page from fiasco bookmarked. They're feeding WAY more milk than I have. Both bucklings are on 8 oz twice a day, then hay and grain. I just have the feed free in a bucket. They all three have some type of insect that I haven't totally figured out how to treat yet. I've read about cattle pour on but someone said her goats lost their hair, and some said injections but I can't do that. I'd love to be able to just dust them sevin or give a bath and call it a day.

5. mlm Mike

Aug 14, 2010
    Hardy Township, OH

6. campingshaws

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana
    Weather is varied. Usually 70s in the day and 40s at night, barring storms or cold fronts. The barn is pretty airy so if it's very cold or windy I put them in a big dog crate on the porch, where it's more sheltered.

7. mlm Mike

Aug 14, 2010
    Hardy Township, OH

8. campingshaws

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana
    The same corid I use for the chickens?

9. mlm Mike

Aug 14, 2010
    Hardy Township, OH

Last edited: Mar 4, 2016
  10. campingshaws

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana
    Ok, will do. It was in a bag that I threw away. :/ I can look it up, though.

Can I post poop pics on the hatch thread? :lol: The softest one I see looks better than it has. Still pull the feed?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by