"Springing in the Chicks" 2016 April Hatch-a-Long Hosted by Mike & Sally

Discussion in 'Hatch-A-Longs' started by Sally Sunshine, Mar 3, 2016.

1. Pensmaster

Pensmaster Chicken Obsessed

Jan 10, 2014
    Northern California

Well that would certainly speed things up :lau

2. Pensmaster

Jan 10, 2014
    Northern California

Was out shopping the other day and thought about you.

[​IMG]

Really not sure why. :idunno

3. lindalouly

lindalouly Grd Ctrl 2 Major Tom

You got me..... [​IMG]

4. Watermelon123

Watermelon123 Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Jan 31, 2015
    Northern Ohio,

5. Brittsplace

Brittsplace Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2015
    Thank you for the post about how to clean an incubator it's so nice to know where that was instead of having to search over and over. I just cleaned mine out the other day we hatched out a few welsummers and EE.

6. Pensmaster

Jan 10, 2014
    Northern California

Just found this about Jack
    Daniel was an American distiller and the founder of Jack Daniel’s Tennessee whiskey distillery. He never married or had any children and was close with his favorite nephew, Lem Motlow. In 1907, due to failing health, Daniel gave the distillery to Motlow, who then passed it down to his children, Robert, Reagor, Dan, Connor, and Mary. Jack Daniel died from blood poisoning on October 10, 1911, in Lynchburg, Tennessee. The infection that killed him started in his big toe, which he injured after kicking a safe. His final words were recorded on the day of his death and fittingly they were “one last drink, please.” This incident was the subject of a marketing poster used on the London Underground transit system in January 2006. Jack Daniel’s brand of Tennessee whiskey is among the world’s best-selling liquors and is known for its square bottles and black

Moral of this story don't kick a safe or throw a laptop or yell at it.

7. Watermelon123

Watermelon123 Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Jan 31, 2015
    Northern Ohio,

Just found this about Jack
    Daniel was an American distiller and the founder of Jack Daniel’s Tennessee whiskey distillery. He never married or had any children and was close with his favorite nephew, Lem Motlow. In 1907, due to failing health, Daniel gave the distillery to Motlow, who then passed it down to his children, Robert, Reagor, Dan, Connor, and Mary. Jack Daniel died from blood poisoning on October 10, 1911, in Lynchburg, Tennessee. The infection that killed him started in his big toe, which he injured after kicking a safe. His final words were recorded on the day of his death and fittingly they were “one last drink, please.” This incident was the subject of a marketing poster used on the London Underground transit system in January 2006. Jack Daniel’s brand of Tennessee whiskey is among the world’s best-selling liquors and is known for its square bottles and black

Moral of this story don't kick a safe or throw a laptop or yell at it.​
    Does that include spilling coffee on a laptop?

8. Pensmaster

Jan 10, 2014
    Northern California
    Yes that would be right up there on the list

1 person likes this.
  9. BantyChooks

BantyChooks Sing Brightly Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 1, 2015
    My Coop
    :hugs

10. brightpennies

brightpennies Out Of The Brooder

Aug 22, 2015
    5 fertile chicken eggs under my banty (who has never been a mom before), 7 fertile chicken eggs in the 'bator, and 15 unknown duck eggs in the 'bator to boot. We'll see what we get. This is all for science since my only prior attempt to hatch with a broody Pekin went horribly awry. Potential due dates are April 4 and 11. I guess we'll see how it goes! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by