"Springing in the Chicks" 2016 April Hatch-a-Long Hosted by Mike & Sally

I have two more Silkies out!! I don't think my first is a paint, it does have black spots but also gray down its back, like subtle chipmunk striping. I wonder what color it will be!?! How can I part with a chick if I don't know what color it will be? :D

I have two more Silkies out!! I don't think my first is a paint, it does have black spots but also gray down its back, like subtle chipmunk striping. I wonder what color it will be!?! How can I part with a chick if I don't know what color it will be?
big_smile.png
woot.gif
Better keep that one.

I thought I'd stop by and give an update on my hatch (or lack thereof). My first group of eggs (shipped) locked down Sunday evening and should've hatched by now. At candle today none of them were moving. They'll get until tomorrow, but it looks like 0% for those.
The second group due to hatch on 5/2 will lock down tomorrow. Those were candled on Monday for day 14 and the one was still a quitter, but the other four looked like they should on day 14 and the air cells looked great!
The third group due to hatch on 5/9 was candled on Monday as well for day 7. All 6 of those looked like they were developing great and the air cells looked good too!

The fourth group was set last night under a possible broody (1st time for her). 5 eggs the same flavor.

Everyone has had such beautiful babies hatch!

Have a great day!

I certainly hope groups 2,3 and 4 do better than group 1.

Back
Top Bottom