"Springing in the Chicks" 2016 April Hatch-a-Long Hosted by Mike & Sally

I apologize for changing topic, but I have a question that I have researched but can't seem to find exactly what I am looking for in the "incubation manual":
Do you candle all the eggs you set?
Background - I have 30 eggs incubating I have completed 6 24 hour days. And I candled 10 of them. Some I could see veins right away! Some looked completely "lit up" like nothing had changed. Some had things floating and moving in them like small air bubbles. Some are Welsummers and EEs so I saw NOTHING. And some had darkness to them but no veins. At this point, I got overwhelmed and just walked away.
It just seemed like I needed a giant chart, a deep breath and a time out. Am I suppose to candle all of them or just a portion? Am I the only one that got kinda overwhelmed with this for the first time?!
Thank you in advance for your help and advice. If I need to post elsewhere just let me know. Sorry and thanks!
I dont candle until day 7-10 and I just pick up a few here and there to make sure the air cells / weight loss is on target!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/incubating-w-friends-helpful-notes-links-informational-post-links

Some chick pics from the photo op I just did....
love.gif

-Banti
LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

YAYYAYYAY!!!!!!!! Glad you with us!!!!  I so hope the orphs do well!! Papas is awesome as we know!! 
your all calibrated and ready to go?
How were the air cells?  I got a lot of things notes in better order for everyone to understand!
[COLOR=FF0000]Shipped Eggs = Change Of Plans![/COLOR] post #53845

York!!!  what do you think should I go buy them?  I am picky though

I really like nubians ears though :/   I always wanted two whethers just fer so lmao!!!  And then there are those bigger ones cant remember the type, with the real sleek strong look with the roundish spots! but those cost a fortune!

I would get any I could get my hands on!! :gig
Go for it!! Ears are nice to rub though :love

Got the Tolbunt eggs today :yiipchick 3 hour round trip to collect them.

Back
Top Bottom