"Springing in the Chicks" 2016 April Hatch-a-Long Hosted by Mike & Sally

This is the last time I'll be hatching in the death 'bator, although it's trying to get rid of it's name!! 11 babies, 10 eggs to go!
Congratulations on the 11 and good luck with the remaining 10!
fl.gif

Hi everyone! I hope I am posting in the right place to join the Hatch-a-Long, this is my first time. I live in Alaska and I am completely new to chickens. I just built a brooder and bought my first four chicks this weekend (three cream legbars and a jubilee orpington mix), and then I have eight eggs that I just set on April 3. Four eggs are Svarthona and four are lavender Orpington. I have a used incubator that is tiny and I think it is of dubious reliability, so I have another one on order from Amazon that will hopefully put me more at ease. I am undertaking this with only the guidance of the internet, and I'm happy to have found BackYard Chickens! Good luck, April hatchers!!
Welcome!!! Lots of Information on here for Newbies!

Hi I'm on day 20 of my third attempt at hatching. temp has stayed at 99.5 +or- .2 humidity up til day 18 was at 40 and raised to 60-70% at 18. Haven't heard anything yet and decided I needed a little something to keep me breathing and not touching the bator. Tell me something should come out alive soon. Please?

Day 49, emu eggs. Here is a quit snapshot of the eggs doing nothing : ). I weighed them again, preparing for the last week of incubation. All the eggs have wiggled so I know there is a live chick in each one.
ya.gif
. Only one egg could stand to loose a bit more weight but it lost 10grams last week so I am hopeful it will still be in a good range. I have a couple that are right on target but I don't want to loose too much more weight. I figure weighing a little less may be better than weighing more but I have never done this before!

fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom