"Springing in the Chicks" 2016 April Hatch-a-Long Hosted by Mike & Sally

Quote: And your not. I understand, don't worry about it.
smile.png

Quote:
yesss.gif
Oh poor thing! I'm facing the same problem too with my 1 month old chicks. Once these guys hatch their outa there. They're not going to like that.
roll.png

Last edited:
And your not. I understand, don't worry about it.
smile.png

yesss.gif
Oh poor thing! I'm facing the same problem too with my 1 month old chicks. Once these guys hatch their outa there. They're not going to like that.
roll.png

I have two separate coops - but both attached to the same large run. For some crazy reason, all of my hens go in the smallest one and cram themselves in there (even though it is not the larger one they were raised in).

The only good thing about this is that when the new chicks are ready to go outside, they have a coop all to themselves!

I have two separate coops - but both attached to the same large run. For some crazy reason, all of my hens go in the smallest one and cram themselves in there (even though it is not the larger one they were raised in).

The only good thing about this is that when the new chicks are ready to go outside, they have a coop all to themselves!
I "used to" have another hen house, but my son took it for his rabbits. Hmmm. There's still no rabbits....

My #4 emu is pretty well out of its egg but still has a small ball of un absorbed yolk. Uhggg. Not what I was hoping to see today but I am just going to keep it in the incubator for some days and see how it goes. It is a determined little thing. I gave it a stuffed animal to snuggle and it seemed to feel comforted.

Hatching the bigger birds especially, peafowl, turkeys, emus... I am struck by the awareness they seems to possess. Birds are so amazing.

My #4 emu is pretty well out of its egg but still has a small ball of un absorbed yolk. Uhggg. Not what I was hoping to see today but I am just going to keep it in the incubator for some days and see how it goes. It is a determined little thing. I gave it a stuffed animal to snuggle and it seemed to feel comforted.

Hatching the bigger birds especially, peafowl, turkeys, emus... I am struck by the awareness they seems to possess. Birds are so amazing.
fl.gif
I hope he does ok.

Back
Top Bottom