Springtime in Georgia--A PhotoEssay by beefy

beefy

Flamingo Daddy-o
12 Years
Apr 21, 2007
South Georgia
I think its finally safe to announce that spring has sprung here. Yesterday i got some rechargeable batteries for my newish digital camera so i took it with me today to snap a few shots around the farm. I took 80 pics in about 5 minutes, lol. oh did i mention this thread may be graphic intensive?

Lets start out with a foto of The Rockettes and The Supremes:
Picture2797.jpg

The Rockettes and The Supremes being watched by their surrogate gaurd flamingo:
Picture2752.jpg

The captives:
Picture2745.jpg

These lilies pop up in the yard around easter each year:
Picture2738.jpg

Saw a hummingbird eating the azaleas yesterday:
Picture2741.jpg

heres a kalanchoe plant i rooted last year:
Picture2754.jpg

hummingbird likes kalanchoe too (darn hes too fast):
Picture2792.jpg

Wisteria anyone?
Picture2796.jpg

This is Bob. He showed up in the yard and i guess lives with the chickens now.
Picture2776.jpg

Had a new calf yesterday:
Picture2804.jpg

heres a shot of Conway aka "Pops"
Picture2770.jpg

Minnie sitting on something.
Picture2761.jpg

You are getting broody....verryy broooddyyy
Picture2762.jpg

Geez Louise, how long does it take to hatch 18 eggs anyway? hey wait a minute i think i see something!
Picture2734.jpg

I did! I did! i taught i taw a tweedy burd!
Picture2737.jpg

There my peeps iz!
Picture2799.jpg

Hey all you hatcheries out there, now this is what you call an assortment!
Picture2800.jpg

Great pictures - I wish I could see all of them. I got the first 4 or 5 and the rest showed up as boxes with red x's.
I replied to your PM yesterday but must have logged off. Please email me or PM me if you have not received it.

Congrats on the new peeps. Your Minnie looks like my Zoya in the face. I think when I create more Zoya's, I will try to make some Minnies, she is very pretty. Who is the father of those little babies?
We have 2 california valley quail hens that showed up, they seem calm and let me get within a couple feet, I think they adopted me, maybe Bob can make a visit to make some hybrid love babies, lol.

Conway is the only adult rooster i have at this time. Smokey the cat has been trying to catch Bob all day. Smokey the cat consequently got sprayed with the water hose, but i didnt think to take pictures of that. could i interest you in a rooster? they are of the rare Assorted breed.

Last edited:
Awesome beefy..thanks for sharing. As soon as spring decides to spring here I shall repay that favor.

I thought spring was here...it was sunny, warm and nice and then SNOW and ICE...so we wait ....

big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom