Sprouting Wheat Video

I've also begun sprouting wheat for my birds, but was hesitant to use bleach for several reasons, the biggest being environmental. I love the idea of peroxide to prevent mold! Genius! Thank you!

The biggest prevention for mold and gnats is to make sure you completely drain the containers after the soak.

JT

To help reduce mold and to add oxygen to the water while the trays soak. From suggestions from others and my research it seems to be much better than using bleach and safer to boot. I know there are a lot of copy cat videos on putube that use bleach but most are just copying someone else's video.

JT
To reduce or inhibit mould formation, I initially just rinse the wheat/barley/peas several times and add some ACV to the soaking water.
Then let it soak overnight and rinse twice a day stirring well and leaving to germinate in the colander, covering it with a linen kitchen towel.

@jthornton, where do you find your wheat seeds. All the places I've looked around here are charging an arm and a leg....

I get my wheat seeds from Power Grow Systems. They germination is almost 100%, I only have a few seeds per tray that don't sprout and often 100% sprout so I'm very satisfied with their products. I did try the barley but like the wheat much better as they are smaller seeds so I only need a quarter cup per tray.

JT

Back
Top Bottom