Spur issues

Phillyconcarne

In the Brooder
Jun 11, 2020
One of our little Serama boys is having an issue which we think is related to his spur.

He has one very long spur which started to curl in towards his leg, we trimmed it a week or so back now but over the last couple of days he’s looking a bit under the weather and not sitting down, just standing up the whole time, even to sleep.

We patched it up a bit last night with a plaster and he started to sit down, but that’s stopped again now even though the plaster is still there. I’m a bit hesitant to clip it any further as I don’t want to make it bleed or cause him further distress (he doesn’t like it being done).

I think him going through a molt is also helping to make him feel sorry for himself. Any advice?

Thanks!

Please describe precisely what you did to the spur when you trimmed it. Please explain what you mean by patching it with plaster. What is the plaster you used? What did you use to trim the spur? Did you cut the spur or grind it down? What tools did you use? How much did it bleed? Photos of the spur would help.

Back
Top Bottom