Spurs

I cut my roosters fairly short. The friction from a dremel is "suppose" to cautorize(?) and keep the blood to a minimum. I could be wrong though, hadn't tried it myself.

lau.gif
Funny how your friend left a note in the box about the aggression. I found that quite comical. You think maybe she thought you wouldn't want him had you known what was in the box? LOL

He is a pretty thing though and he has some spurs on him too, even after trimming.

-Kim

Yes, I thought it "Funny" after I get him out of the box and he is so sweet. I put him down and he attacks me!!! THEN I read the note in the box.
roll.png
The other rooster is not bad at all. His spurs are short too. I dremeled the tips off of his to anyway.
So for now, Jack, the bird pictured, is living with the peas and they are letting him know he is no longer king of the world. He has no hens and he may never depending on his attitude. I think hens might make him worse, so he may have to be a bachelor from mow on.
Poor Jack went from king of the world to a "Pea-on"
lol.png

Wow, those are some impressive spurs even after being trimmed!
ep.gif

He is beautiful
smile.png

Poor Jack got another pedicure today. He went for me again, and I don't mind that when I want to catch him anyway. I snaged him in mid air again. Poor just can't seem to beat me. So I took off quite a bit more today. When I put him down after I was done, he stayed down for a few seconds and then ran off like a chicken!!
lol.png

It sounds as though you may get a bonus in addition to shorter spurs - maybe he'll figure out YOU are the alpha roo!

How far did you take them down? Were you able to get them down to the 5/8 inch mark or so? Did you use a towel to help restrain him? I ask because I've my cockerels are still quite young, and I've never trimmed spurs.

Penny

I went down pretty far, and I think I will get pictures later for ya. I could go more I think.
Yes, poor Jack was king of the hill at his old home, I am sure. He got mailed here and was in for a rude awakening. I don't do mean rooster here. He is lucky he is not mine. I would not keep him alive if he were.
wink.png

I have a question and hope I can find someone to help me with the resources.

I work in the animal field and unfortunately respond to a lot of investigation regarding fighting roosters. Does anyone know the process on how the waddle and the combs are being removed?

I asked the locale feed stores, who sell the tag, but none of them have been able to answer my question.

Thank you very much!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom