Square Foot Gardening Thread

Quote:
I made mine big enough to easily get a wheelbarrow between them, but I would leave at least 2ft minimum. The plants will grow past the boxes.

Quote:
If that's messy I'd hate for you to see mine!!!
hide.gif

Quote:
Depends on what you have in the paths. Mine are grass so I use a weed wacker around the beds and a mower to finish. My paths are 5 foot between beds and 7 foo between rows of beds so I can get the small tractor in and out to carry the heavy stuff like sacks of shicken manure mulch or big scoops of compost...

Newest update!
One type of potatoes (can't remember if it was the white or red
idunno.gif
) where tall enough to fill in.
DSCF2230.jpg

Made a pea trellis- spray painted some stakes and drove them far into the ground.
DSCF2229.jpg

Hot poo box is looking better than ever!
DSCF2226.jpg

I did some overall touching up by weeding and putting in additional seeds where some hadn't some up. I took up all of the straw that was keeping down the new grass seed because that grass shot up after all that rain! You can see it on the outsides of the potato box well, but I'll post a better update of that later today.

Quote:
Those are flea beatles, named so because the jump like fleas when you approach them. They eat little holes and usually leave the fruit alone. Sevin dust can be sprinkled on your plants while they are young and should get rid of them before the fruit gets big enough to need the energy from the plant. BT is an organic spray that kills the catepillars and bugs that eat the foilage and does not harm the bees your need for polinating. The critters eat the leaves and then die a few days later.

Thanks I will look up the BT~ as long as its organic I will consider it! Thanks so much now I know there name Flea Beetles
smack.gif
Haha

Back
Top Bottom