Square footage for coop

ktex

In the Brooder
Mar 28, 2017
Wharton, Texas
I'm about to start building my coop for some birds I purchased. The chickens will be in the coop at night and out in the run during the day or in the yard. Just wondering how room I need per bird if it's just for the night? Thanks for the help.

Welcome! Most of us have at least 4 sq. ft. per bird in the coop, or more. Build as big as you can! More space is best; crowded birds get into much more trouble with each other. Your location matters too; snow will keep your birds in much more during the winter, for example. Mary

I'm about to start building my coop for some birds I purchased. The chickens will be in the coop at night and out in the run during the day or in the yard. Just wondering how room I need per bird if it's just for the night? Thanks for the help.

Build it bigger..more birds will come.

How many are you starting out with?

Well I ordered 15 from mcmurray and got the extra free one coming April 10th then 17 more at the end of July. I'm keeping the two sets separated but going to build one building and spilt the inside and separate a portion for a storage space.

Back
Top Bottom