squawking while laying

HI and welcome! My hens only made racket when they couldn't get to thier usual laying spots. Most went into a kind of trance. I never had any that made noise, that would be like alarming all the predators in the area that dinner is served!!
sad.png

I don't think the noise has anything to do with pain. I have seen my girls actually not make any noise until they leave the nest with laying several mins. prior. But boy when they leave the nest, bok, bok, bokaawk.

I noticed that you have RIR. Don't worry about your reds laying, they are very good at what they do. That's why they squalk about it
wink.png

gmc

well.the eggs are probably getting bigger and firmer......I squawked more when my kids got bigger and bigger

yuckyuck.gif
Yeah, I guess it would be alittle like giving birth everyday, poor little things, makes us appreciate those eggs all the more! Glad they don't see stars and pass out like I did or no telling where those eggs would be found!!
love.gif

The thing about my birds is that when one lays she squaks, its not too bad, but then the roo and some other hens chime in, and then it becomes a ruckus.

I find that if you sit beside them while they lay, pet them, tell them you love them, and maybe even occasionally offer them an ice chip to suck on, things go much better.

Today I heard one of my hens squawking up a storm, she was adopted and has not given an egg since she came. I ran to stop her since it was Sunday morning. I heard it coming from the coop, soooo loud. I looked and there she was sitting in the nest and making noise.

It finally came a nice biggy, but the noise is gonna kill me, I do not live on a farm.
ep.gif

So it seems she was telling the w3orld how proud she is she finally did it.

frow.gif

Back
Top Bottom