Squeaking duck?

Sounds exactly like my situation right now 😅 I started with 2 Swedish and then added 2 Khaki Campbell’s about 7 weeks later. I’m finally able to tell all the genders and sadly I ended up with 1 girl and 3 boys but I am already so attached so rehoming is not an option! When is mating season for them? I didn’t know if I would need to separate my female or not and I’ve been very worried about that! I was on CL yesterday looking for more females to add and I came across a pair of females so that would give me 3 and 3 but then I came across a post of a lonely drake whose mates all died and they are looking to rehome him instead of add more ducks and the poor guy has been alone for almost a month, so now I’m debating if 7 ducks is what I want to commit to lol mine are pretty quiet for the most part (until they see me coming with veggies) but I hear females can be pretty noisy lol I have the backyard space fortunately, I just worry about the smell bothering my neighbors 😓

Where in CO are you located? I may have a female Cayuga for you if you are interested.

Sounds like a horn on a Kids bike. Any thing making you think something is off but the new noise?

He/she is still eating and drinking normally! I just worry because they sleep in their pool almost every night and it seems a little chilly at night for that? But I don’t know, these are my first ducks :)

At 9 weeks they are fully feathered. You don’t secure them inside a coop for their safety at night? Try not letting them sleep in their pool and see if the squeak gets better. Almost sounds like he has something stuck but if he is eating an drinking normally probably not.

They are locked inside a coop at night with an attached run and the run is big enough to keep the pool inside, should we not give them constant access to the kiddie pool? There are feathers floating around the pool, I hope he didn’t suck one up but we change the water daily to make sure it’s pretty clean!

One of my ducks recently switched from a raspy sound to a squeak just like this. Any update on your duck and what it was?

Sounds exactly like my situation right now 😅 I started with 2 Swedish and then added 2 Khaki Campbell’s about 7 weeks later. I’m finally able to tell all the genders and sadly I ended up with 1 girl and 3 boys but I am already so attached so rehoming is not an option! When is mating season for them? I didn’t know if I would need to separate my female or not and I’ve been very worried about that! I was on CL yesterday looking for more females to add and I came across a pair of females so that would give me 3 and 3 but then I came across a post of a lonely drake whose mates all died and they are looking to rehome him instead of add more ducks and the poor guy has been alone for almost a month, so now I’m debating if 7 ducks is what I want to commit to lol mine are pretty quiet for the most part (until they see me coming with veggies) but I hear females can be pretty noisy lol I have the backyard space fortunately, I just worry about the smell bothering my neighbors 😓

I'm already completely attached too. Mating season is all summer but since mine were born the week of May 10th I've heard I probably don't have to worry about it being a problem until next summer. My two females are *mostly* quiet, but they get quite loud every morning at 7am if I'm not quick enough in letting them out and getting them their breakfast 😐😆 no one's complained yet but then again I only have two 7 am quackers. Might be different if I had 6-7 of them. I have a quarter acre yard so could probably do 7 ducks comfortably but I don't want the neighbors to see me as a nuisance either

My 2 Swedish were born the week of Mother’s Day so they’re about the same age as yours! What a relief to know I don’t have to worry til next summer! So they should be fine together throughout the winter? If you don’t mind me asking, what state do you live in? I’m in CO and it’s been raining almost everyday, my ducks refuse to use their house and they just sleep in their fenced run at night but the wet straw has been such a pain to constantly clean out! What do you use for bedding, if any?

Back
Top Bottom