Squeaking duck?

Amrobblee

Chirping
Jul 2, 2020
My two Swedish ducks are just a little over 9 weeks now and up until yesterday they both made this raspy whisper type sound. Yesterday morning I came outside and one of them is now making noises that sound comparable to a squeaky toy? It’s now a high pitch tone with no raspiness to it but only one has changed and the other still has a raspy whisper. Is this a cause for concern? I can’t tell if he/she is just growing and getting their “quack” or if maybe it’s the start to a respiratory infection of some sort... I’m not sure how to post videos but I have the “before and after” videos of the sound difference

Sounds like a horn on a Kids bike. Any thing making you think something is off but the new noise?

He/she is still eating and drinking normally! I just worry because they sleep in their pool almost every night and it seems a little chilly at night for that? But I don’t know, these are my first ducks :)

At 9 weeks they are fully feathered. You don’t secure them inside a coop for their safety at night? Try not letting them sleep in their pool and see if the squeak gets better. Almost sounds like he has something stuck but if he is eating an drinking normally probably not.

At 9 weeks they are fully feathered. You don’t secure them inside a coop for their safety at night? Try not letting them sleep in their pool and see if the squeak gets better. Almost sounds like he has something stuck but if he is eating an drinking normally probably not.

They are locked inside a coop at night with an attached run and the run is big enough to keep the pool inside, should we not give them constant access to the kiddie pool? There are feathers floating around the pool, I hope he didn’t suck one up but we change the water daily to make sure it’s pretty clean!

One of my ducks recently switched from a raspy sound to a squeak just like this. Any update on your duck and what it was?

One of my ducks recently switched from a raspy sound to a squeak just like this. Any update on your duck and what it was?
It just ended up going away after a couple days and then a few days later he ended up getting a full male quack instead of his raspy little chirps.

Well, today my blue swedish got his big boy voice! Guess the squeak was an in-between stage. My Cayuga drake never did the squeaking but he got his full-grown voice yesterday. So interesting to watch them develop

Back
Top Bottom