Squeamish :/

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by Dove1B, Aug 19, 2013.

1. Dove1B

Dove1B Out Of The Brooder

Mar 8, 2013
    Ok, I'm embarrassed to even say this! But for some reason I'm horribly squeamish about eating our eggs. I used to eat eggs almost every day and now I can barely eat them. I keep trying to make them and eat them but I feel like I can barely choke them down no matter how I make them, my gag reflex kicks in. I don't get it! I grew up on a farm, ate vegetables straight from the ground, ate pigs and cows we raised, and I hunt and fish! Why the heck are my eggs making me so squeamish??

2. volcano fam

volcano fam New Egg

Aug 19, 2013
    Mt hood oregon
    Funny we just got our first half dozen from our girls this weekend and I made zucchini bread with them in order to get them down! Maybe try making quiche frittata etc for a while so it doesn't seem so personal LOL
    Anyway good luck!

3. punk-a-doodle

punk-a-doodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2011
    Suggestions for dealing with a person's first home killed chicken include putting the chicken in the freezer and cooking it a month or a few months down the road when the brain has distanced itself a bit. Perhaps that can be applied here? Stick some eggs in the fridge (or freezer if eggs freeze...I'm not sure), and then cook and eat them down the road, perhaps in a dish that hides them. Slowly build up to eating them nearer and nearer to collection time. Maybe mix home collected eggs at random with store eggs and put them all together in one carton so you don't know at a glance which one you are eating?

Is there anything you can pinpoint that is turning your stomach?

4. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    Are you pregnant?[​IMG]

5. Arielle

Arielle Chicken Obsessed

Feb 19, 2011
    Massachusetts, USA
    [​IMG]

Or you are just tired of eggs and need a break. Fall molt is coming . . . .

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by