Squeeky Crow... How Funny

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Kat's Silly Chickens, Dec 14, 2010.

1. Kat's Silly Chickens

Kat's Silly Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2010
    South Central Texas
    OMG mom's Sultan Sunshine found his crow today [​IMG] but it sounds so funny. I thought Manchas was playing with her squeeky toy in the sunroom. But low and behold I peeked around the corner and there's Sunshine on the roost gearing up for another LOUD Squeeky Crow [​IMG] I about fell over laughing [​IMG] . We kept hearing a similar sound the day before and thought the younger 1's were picking on Melody (older Sultan).

The Proud Crower
    [​IMG]

Dad even heard it and said good thing he's inside the sunroom cage cause Cliff would fall over crying [​IMG] if he heard it.
    Mom said yip-pie Tom (dad) said no more buying babies, but he never said the chickens couldn't lay/hatch them [​IMG]
    Now she can't wait to see what sex the Silkies are, maybe we'll have ourselves some Sulties in the near future. [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 15, 2010
  2. WingingIt

WingingIt Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2009
    They are hilarious when they first start to crow, aren't they? [​IMG]

3. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    How funny! The same thing happened at my house. I have a pair of young silkies in a very large brooder in the basement. As my normal routine, I got up to get ready for work, went downstairs and turned the light on for them and changed their water. When I was in the bathroom (which is right above the silkies), I heard this weird, moaning squeak three times. Truthfully, it kind of gave me the creeps. Then it hit me! My little black silkie, Stormy, is a rooster! haha I had suspected that. It's fine because he is a pet. I also have a cute little white silkie, and I suspect she is a little girl. I'm almost sure I'm right now, because her mannerisms are totally different from Stormy's.

4. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

I love the baby crow sounds! I have 33 chicks in a brooder, several are cockerels, but one started crowing yesterday. Four weeks old! That"s younger than any other rooster I've had.

5. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    I have a rooster named Ford because when he started crowing, he sounded like a Model T horn. [​IMG] I love hearing their first attempts at crowing!

6. Kat's Silly Chickens

Kat's Silly Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2010
    South Central Texas
    I called him squeaky toy today and mom said stop picking on him. I couldn't help it, he squeaks his crow out.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by