Squirel in My run

coaster

Hatching
11 Years
Sep 26, 2008
yesterday I found a squirel in my chicken run and now this morning I found the food container empty and scattered all over the floor. Will a squirel harm my chickens or eat the eggs ?

I know he will steal the feed. We have several bird feeders hanging. The squirels figure out how to climb down the rope, hang on the feeder and get the seeds out.

i have heard they will eat the eggs. We have a lot of squirrels in our yard. But i keep them happy and away from the chicken pens by offering up baskets of peanuts every day. If i run out, i do see them sneaking up on the chicken pens.

I too have just discovered what I think is a squirrel problem. For the past week, the feeder has been empty every day when I go in. My coop has a cement floor and the run is dirt and today I discovered a tunnel from the outside under the cement floor into the dirt run. So far, no harm to the chickens or the eggs. So tomorrow I have to figure out how to fix this problem.

Just watch they don't poo in the feeder and your chickens are eating it.. Can get your Chicky's sick..

I hate the little critters myself, they are always after and in my turkey runs..I have a friend that comes here and takes them out for me.. He eats them and uses there fur for making fishing lures..Now this is only grays, i told him don't kill the reds as there are not many of them here..

Charlie

Back
Top Bottom