Squirrel infestation!

Gvnam

Chirping
8 Years
Sep 16, 2011
I am having squirrel problems. They get inside of the coop while my chickens are out and steal food. The worst part is that they steal it using their mouth pouches, so they take a lot at a time. Today they took about a pounds worth of feed from my coop. Any suggestions on how to deter them? I don't want to spend the money on a trap and I don't really want to shoot them. I've been shooting towards them but even that doesn't seem to help. Chasing them doesn't work either. Any suggestions before I actually have to pump some lead in them?

Just so you know, my rooster only chases them off if they get too close to the flock.

Thank you!!

They are actually eating the feed directly out of the feeder, and I have a chicken friendly lab but she is an inside dog and doesn't like to be out by herself.

E: She strongly dislikes squirrels though. She is great at chasing them down. The thing is someone would have to be waiting for the squirrels to let her out after them.

Last edited:
Alright. My pellet rifle should handle that. Gotta add about 2 more .17 hollow points to my shopping list.
wink.png

Quote:
So far nothing has worked going to live trap them and drive them far away if I can if not I will have to shoot them since they cost me tons in food

Back
Top Bottom