squished sunflower

kelzey

Songster
Aug 14, 2020
newfoundland and labrador, canada
i’m new to growing things (before this year, literally the only thing i grew was a strawberry plant) and i dunno what’s wrong with it but this sunflower is so wonky? i’m not too bothered, i just think it looks funny. i’m assuming it’s because it bloomed late and maybe the frost kinda affected it, because we’ve had quite a few nights of frost in the past week or so but that just comes with living in canada. i think my absolute favourite part of growing sunflowers is watching the bees- theres nothing better than watching them collect the lil bits of pollen. they seem to love the sunflowers haha. also included a picture of a lil bee that i seen napping on one of them a couple weeks back
1CFE0CEF-9560-4A11-ABBE-57C30FFB04C2.jpeg
8330D49D-5877-474B-90C8-1BAE7ECBC225.jpeg

I had a huge sunflower bend this year as well. I think it may be because of the seeds growing in, just pushing each other out of the way. Hopefully this makes sense.

i’m new to growing things (before this year, literally the only thing i grew was a strawberry plant) and i dunno what’s wrong with it but this sunflower is so wonky? i’m not too bothered, i just think it looks funny. i’m assuming it’s because it bloomed late and maybe the frost kinda affected it, because we’ve had quite a few nights of frost in the past week or so but that just comes with living in canada. i think my absolute favourite part of growing sunflowers is watching the bees- theres nothing better than watching them collect the lil bits of pollen. they seem to love the sunflowers haha. also included a picture of a lil bee that i seen napping on one of them a couple weeks back View attachment 2346298View attachment 2346293
Wow, very interesting. I've never seen this sort of growth in a sunflower. 🌻

Back
Top Bottom