SS Hamburg 14 weeks - Male?

I have an "accidental" Hamburg rooster among my hens--suddenly realized one day that he was acting very un-hen like. He is flighty, but not aggressive, and we don't mind him at all. Trouble is, he's a smallish rooster, and I have a brahma and a Jersey giant--LOL. The girls pick on him. :)

We have 2 roosters, but anticipate getting rid of one. The other is a Jersey Giant make and we have a Jersey Giant female - they are certainly big. This SSH is a much leaner looking bird too.

Definitely a cockerel.

They’re quite flighty. I’ve raised this breed my entire life and I’ve never had a “tame” one. Even my show birds are still tragically wild compared to other breeds.

If you want a tame bird, find a different breed.

“Tragically wild” LOl. Good description. They are pretty though.

They are. They are one of my favorite breeds and I don't see myself ever being without one. They're not big cuddlers but they're excellent foragers and very predator savvy.

Good to think about with respect to foraging and being predator savvy. Mostly they stay in a 500 sq ft run, but get tofree range when we are around. They are at the back of our property, after which there is 100+ acres of farm land.

Back
Top Bottom