SS swollen legs and feet getting worse-not emergency

Here is the photo from that link. (this is not my chicken) I think the OP was asking about gout. I think Eggsessive was in the conversation. It looks like a Speckled Sussex
The post is from 2014 and it seems the OP has not been on BYC since 2015
i will try to fix the link
That is most likely a bacterial arthritis, such as MS or staph, not gout in my opinion. The toes appear normal while the ankle joints are very enlarged. Unfortunately very few people get this diagnosed, unless they get a necropsy after death.

I agree with Eggcessive. With gout the whole foot is usually involved.
Also, this seems to have been going on since Dec 2018, and if she had gout she most likely wouldnt be around. The swelling in the feet with gout signal end stage renal failure (articular usually precedes visceral gout). Gout is a symptom of renal failure.

That is most likely a bacterial arthritis, such as MS or staph, not gout in my opinion. The toes appear normal while the ankle joints are very enlarged. Unfortunately very few people get this diagnosed, unless they get a necropsy after death.
Thanks very much for your response. I will follow up. I so appreciate you taking time to look at this.

Back
Top Bottom