SSS is a disgusting practice and people need to stop encouraging it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes but unfortunately in this case 'SSS' isn't uneducated people. It's people knowingly (and encouraging) illegal killings of these animals. A raccoon is not protected, as their population is in no danger of going down right now. But I do agree that regular predators shouldn't be massacred either. We have to learn to live with the wildlife we have. We're building houses and developments further and further into their land. They have nowhere to go. Their food sources are being demolished. It's really awful, and sooner rather then later we'll be dealing with the consequences.
Agreed raccoons are nuisance little pest.

Oh I see SSS is ok if a child is hurt but not a chicken, duck, rabbit etc. Sorta like killing on person doesn't get much attention but kill 2 or more and it's on the nightly news.
I didn’t say that. I said this post was simply encouraging People not to encourage to SSS endangered species. You are putting words in my mouth. Please don’t.

I posted this thread to bring up the topic and try to spread information about it, as well as discourage people from killing protected species. I love animals and it hurts my heart to see them unnecessarily killed, especially ones we are in danger of losing already. I'm not here to argue, I'd just like to educate. This post has nothing to do with defending your animals from regular, every day pests or predators that are not protected in any way.

Please stoppit. Your not getting anywhere.
(Besides that's a straw man fallacy)

I posted this thread to bring up the topic and try to spread information about it, as well as discourage people from killing protected species. I love animals and it hurts my heart to see them unnecessarily killed, especially ones we are in danger of losing already. I'm not here to argue, I'd just like to educate. This post has nothing to do with defending your animals from regular, every day pests or predators that are not protected in any way.
:goodpost:
Or defending children against hawks (that was one of the craziest things I have ever heard):lol:
So, now everyone knows SSS is a no-no, yay!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom