SSS or call the cops?

Most definitely call and report it to the police.. the sooner the better.. As mentioned, obviously this dog has done this before or the owners wouldn't have said what they did.. You don't want to ever have a next time!!

Well I did go to the walk in clinic and they told me I would be fine because the dog has had it's rabies shot. It did not puncture the skin badly because I started clubbing it in the head before it could do much. The cops will not come out until morning because of the snow. I just called them and they said that if I was seriously injured they would come out, but since I am not hurt badly they won't come tonight. Animal Control around here won't do anything unless someone raises cane about it. It looks like the cops will cope out in the morning and I will see what's next then. I have 3 witnesses and a bite mark so it can wait. I will file a report and most likely press charges.

Call the cops or animal control immediately. If they cared about their dog, they would keep it confined and under control. It is a danger to people if it bit you.

If you were attacked and bit, call the police. This opens the door for you to shoot the dog the next time it comes around. Since the owner came running over, I take it that they can see your property from theirs. I would be careful about shooting the dog. You can never tell how an owner will react. That is unless you are like me, I would have shoot the dog and have words with the owner when they can over.
Any predator after any of my critters is open game as far as I am concerned. The law states that the predator MUST be after your animals.
You CAN NOT just shoot an animal for being on your property.

Like the majority says report it. But if that dog comes on your property again bring out the ole' .22. BUT make the case HAS BEEN reported first before using a gun on it.

Last edited:
I would recommend that you take some good close up digital pictures of your bite marks.. they will have faded significantly by morning when the cops finally show up..

I called the cops and they will not be here until morning, but they can't see my property. They had seen that the dog was loose and ran down the hill. I would have shot the dog, but I didn't have a gun and I heard them screaming behind the hill. It was not on my property, but I was on a hill that borders it. It has been on my property before and has tried to get my birds.

You've done the right thing by reporting this incident. You conceivably may have saved someone from serious damage or even death. Well done!
clap.gif

Back
Top Bottom