SSS or call the cops?

Robo

Songster
9 Years
Jul 15, 2010
Knoxville,TN
Well, today I was playing around with a sled and was attacked by a pit bull!!! The owners rushed over and told me that I need to leave him alone because he will be taken away from them, what really makes me mad is that after I said if the dog is on my property I am well within my rights to shoot it, then they said that I would be arrested for animal cruelty!!! Should I SSS next time I see it crossing my property or call the cops since it bit me? I have seen it in my yard before, and I am tired of it.It actually bit me, but I am not hurt thanks to 4 layers of clothes and a carrhart. AND there is a stray cat they are feeding that is trying to kill my birds. What do you think I should do?

Last edited:
Call animal control and report the dog bit you. You were lucky this time. Next time you might not be wearing as many clothes. And apparently the dog has done this before since the owners already know dog will be taken away from them. I don't care what breed the dog is. Pit bull or not the owners have no control over this animal, and the dog needs to be placed where it is safe. I absolutely despise being attacked on my own property by an out of control dog. Just my two cents worth.

Report it. It would have been best to report it right away. I agree - it doesn't matter what breed the dog is. And next time, it could be a child that gets bitten.

Last edited:
whether or not you have any bites on you right now, I'd call the police and make a report. next time it could be much worse.

I am assuming that if the attack was bad enough and skin was punctured you'd have seen a doctor about it.

If you haven't been seen, I'd go and get it done, especially if you have broken skin. Don't give a care to the people telling you anything. You do what's good for your health.

That's what I'd do.

Last edited:
Would a child or elderly person have been as lucky as you, not to be injured. I would take the legal route and call the cops. Sounds like it wasn't their first time.

I agree, call the cops and make a report. That way, when you do happen to protect yourself & others in the future, you have a paper trail behind you.
Jan

I'm normally the type to give a dog every chance, but if its owners are unable to control it, and it is coming onto other people's property and biting...you need to report this dog. I'd say they have had warnings before or this dog has been a problem in the past, by the owner's reaction.

Back
Top Bottom