St. Patty's Day Green Egg Hatch

farmerChef

Songster
9 Years
Nov 18, 2010
Southern Georgia
My Coop
My Coop
I will be setting green eggs for St. Pattys day. Anyone else want to join?
Duck eggs need to be set this Saturday, Feb 18th, and chicken eggs the next Saturday, Feb 25th.

I am setting mixed duck eggs and some EE eggs. I will also be setting a few White Leghorn/Wheaton Ameraucana eggs to hopefully hatch some green chicks. I dyed some chicks last year for Easter, now I'm going to do a few green ones. :D

Woohoo! Got 9 Turken EE eggs to set yesterday from funkyfeathers, also have 9 of my own eggs to set tomorrow.

I set the 6 duck eggs along with 2 bonus olive egger eggs(will hatch a week early though)

Anyone setiing green eggs tomorrow?? :D

I'll probably set some assorted eggs tomorrow. I thought st patricks day was next week... oops? My EE's are fiiinally laying. I got the max # of 3 eggs today... slackers...!

Is there such a thing as a green duck egg?

We set 34 eggs yesterday and will be having a St. Patrick's day hatching party. We are hoping some will pip on the 16th and hatch on the 17th. Good Luck to everyone.

smileyirish.jpg

I'm setting 58 eggs for St Patrick's day. Some are bluish and some are olives, that's as close as I've got to green. Thanks for starting this hatch, I didn't plan it this way, but it'll be fun to post and joke about green eggs.... and ham? I love ham.
lau.gif
Besides, me name is Patty and I'm Irish.

I have: [3 blue wheaton ameracaunas, 3 barred olive eggers, 10 BLRW, 2 Lavendar Orp,(BHep)] 14 Barred Rocks, 8 BBSAMs, 8 brown leghorns, and 10 brown leghorn mixes.

I forgot to add that out of our 34 eggs 12 are green americana eggs.

I'll probably set some assorted eggs tomorrow. I thought st patricks day was next week... oops? My EE's are fiiinally laying. I got the max # of 3 eggs today... slackers...!
Is there such a thing as a green duck egg?

A lot of ducks lay light green or khaki eggs. Cayugas can lay black or charcoal colored eggs, but they also lay tan, pink and green.

I'm in....
celebrate.gif

i set the bator up today and my temp and humidity are good to go in the morning i will be putting in 15 Polish, 7 Silkies ( i am hatching for a friend) 2 Silkie x Brama x something else, and 1 Barred rock x Columbian Brama.
So egggcited!
wee.gif

this never gets old.
Good luck everybody !!!!

Back
Top Bottom