Staggered hatch *1egg

If that particular egg is that much more important to you than the other eggs. Just swap that single egg in turner and do the limited turn on one of the lesser important eggs. Giving your single egg a better chance if it that important to you, that would be my option along with regular lockdown period for older eggs.
I've never had a hundred percent hatch rate before. But in the off chance of this being the one I wonder if I could just daily put one egg on the turner. With 23 eggs that would mean each one I did that with would only ride the turner for one day. Shouldn't hurt right? Like as if I never had a spot in the turner for it. And had to go all the way through with 23 eggs. Just a new egg take a turn skipping one day of turning each day? I have enough eggs no egg would do more than one day throughout its incubation. And on that one day I could turn a couple times myself.

Last edited:
I've never had a hundred percent hatch rate before. But in the off chance of this being the one I wonder if I could just daily put one egg on the turner. With 23 eggs that would mean each one I did that with would only ride the turner for one day. Shouldn't hurt right?
Again, why do changes to more than 1 egg you only increase chances of problems to more eggs than just 1.

Again, why do changes to more than 1 egg you only increase chances of problems to more eggs than just 1.
Well that's what I'm trying to figure out. If I get stuck with all of them developing and never have a place in the turner for it It's going to make it less likely to hatch. So if I have to go all the way to lockdown with an extra egg and an important one should I make it take all of the neglect or just take turns putting one up on the turner and getting hand turned for a day. Essentially each egg I did that with would only have one day of incubation where it got hand turned. Seems less harmful than one taking all the neglect. But doesn't feel too risky because some eggs are entirely hand-turned in an incubator without a turner.

I guess in my mind I feel like that's harmless enough to make sure all 23 get proper care even though there's only space for 22? I just don't know if I'm right.

Just trying to increase your good eggs for best % of hatch I see you have your mind made up. You asked and I gave you my best option if it were my eggs I would go with the norm for all eggs but 1. Giving the best chance for the 22 most important eggs to hatch.

@Somshine Hopefully one of your eggs doesn’t develop and it won’t be an issue! If they are all developing though, I personally would put the special egg in the turner and take out one of the eggs you don’t care as much about and do the hand turns on that egg. Likely the hand turning won’t affect it, and it will be just fine. Accidents can happen though the more you handle eggs. So ust in case I would keep all the special eggs on the turner.

Well I haven't made my mind up that's what I'm trying to do lol! I'm trying to think about the upcoming possibility of never having a place for it in the turner yet with all viable. How to take care of all of them. And was thinking maybe one day of being hand-turned each for about 15 of them would be the way to go. If they're all viable and all healthy it's not really about one egg it's about trying to take care of 23 properly when there's only a spot for 22. Not that I would do that on purpose but, here I am lol! I hate to decide on a less important one once they start developing. I feel like it's the only fair way to give them all adequate care if I end up with an extra the whole time. The one I put in there isn't questionable it's just has healthy as the others essentially, but also important.

Last edited:
If that particular egg is that much more important to you than the other eggs. Just swap that single egg in turner and do the limited turn on one of the lesser important eggs. Giving your single egg a better chance if it that important to you, that would be my option along with regular lockdown period for older eggs.
@Huntmaster has a great point/ great points throughout this thread.
I admit that I’m a bit uncertain as to exactly when you set your “first” eggs in the ‘bator; I know that you said this one is about 2 days behind them.
I’ve seen development of veins at 3-5 days in the ‘bator, sooo
It might give you some peace if you candle your eggs- even if early, and see no signs of developing veining- and pull the first one that appears to not be developing, and use that spot to make room for the one that you are most hopeful for. :hugs

I’d just wait and see. You can candle the eggs within the next day or two and see which ones didn’t start. Then take one of the eggs that looks like it’s not developing and keep it off the turner, until you hit 7 days and then eliminate it if it still looks clear. If it does start developing then just leave that one off the turner since it’s already been off. That’s what I would do.

I currently have one egg off my turners. It’s an egg that came with a hairline crack and I put wax on the shell over the crack. I will definitely have many non-starters in a few days so if it does start to develop, there will be plenty of room for it soon.

Back
Top Bottom