Staggered hatch *1egg

I'll do that then. I'm wondering if they're close enough that they will synchronize. I guess I'll know in 3 weeks. Not sure what I'm going to do if my first candling does not leave a spot for the new egg. Winging this is giving me a bit of anxiety. But I just don't want to miss the opportunity. I only had a couple of her eggs in there and knowing I'd never have anymore I just couldn't waste this one.
Hatching can happen between 19-23 days of incubation,
they don't all pop out exactly on day 21.
Adding an egg two days 'late' shouldn't be a huge issue.

What incubator are you using?

NR360. It's been spot on so far. Day 21. If I had nothing to pull first week it would be the first time. But that also makes it more likely in this case, cuz that's how I roll... 🤣
🤞🏼 Under normal circumstances this debate will be over in a few days. But I'm trying to come up with a plan ahead of time in case

Last edited:
Actually now that I've looked at my journal I have had all make it past the first candling once. So again, a plan matters. But I just don't feel overly qualified to make that plan myself haha

So I got a better look today. It's hard to see the details and varying color shades looking through the incubator. Plus I've been keeping it wrapped this time because we've been keeping our windows open and sometimes it gets quite chilly in here. That could possibly be the only one of her eggs I have in there. One is questionable but without actually opening it and taking it out I can't tell. 😩

Okay when the turner got it to the front I got the flashlight. I believe I have 2, one being the extra.

Last edited:
*Update* everyone, even the new egg looks good and is developing. Except this one. I feel at least experienced enough to have called this one. And I was right. So everyone's happily looking good and sitting in a turner now!

Attachments

• 20240325_203442.jpg
    20240325_203442.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 13
I feel better now that everybody has a space. I think I have a plan for the one that's a little behind when I put everyone into lockdown I'm going to put the separate container for that one by the vent which will make the humidity just a little less for that one and I can reach right down through the vent and turn it with a clean skewer stick for a day and a half. I poked the sharp end of the skewer down into a cut piece of silicone that so it's got a little grab and it's soft.

I feel better now that everybody has a space. I think I have a plan for the one that's a little behind when I put everyone into lockdown I'm going to put the separate container for that one by the vent which will make the humidity just a little less for that one and I can reach right down through the vent and turn it with a clean skewer stick for a day and a half. I poked the sharp end of the skewer down into a cut piece of silicone that so it's got a little grab and it's soft.
Turing at that point is pointless.
Do you track the air cell growth throughout incubation?
I trace air cells at 7-10-14-18 days.
2 days is not going to make much difference for humidity.

Turing at that point is pointless.
Do you track the air cell growth throughout incubation?
I trace air cells at 7-10-14-18 days.
2 days is not going to make much difference for humidity.
Sort of, I don't really draw on them, just eyeball it. So you don't think it'll hurt to stop turning on day 16 for this egg? I typically have an egg I consider 12:00 and I number them in a spiral from there but unmarked. So I just sort of compare the cells to the chart and write down if anyone looks off. The first time I did the tracing I felt nervous with the handling doing this, like I'd drop one easier so I don't draw on them anymore.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom