Staggered Hatches in a (1502 clone)

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Chickenman01, Feb 12, 2013.

1. What do you do about the humidity if you have eggs hatching every week? How is the hatch rate effected? And my last Question How do you clean the incubator between each hatch?
    Thanks for any info. Brad

2. DraigAthar

DraigAthar Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2011
    Plainfield, NH
    I don't know how anyone else does it, but I cannot do staggered hatches in a single incubator. I have a second incubator that I use as a hatcher, so I can move eggs over into it as they become ready for lockdown conditions.

3. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    I do this as well after having wet chicks, what you may want to do is wait until day 19 to up the humidity at least BUT remember DONT TURN THE LOCKED ONES!! refer to article https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/hatching-eggs-101 lockdown

4. Thanks for the info it has been very helpful. Some that I have talked to said they just leave the humidity the same for the hatch. They claim it does'nt affect there hatch rate. Maybe they did'nt have a good hatch rate to begin with. It would probably be best if I just built a Hatcher to put them in. If anyone has some plans for one that will hold about 75 eggs let me know.
    Thanks again, Brad

5. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    we made a coolerbator link in my signature below.... easy and cheap... all the pics and even videos are in the link

6. Thanks, that looks simple enough.

7. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    your welcome! Good Luck!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by