Staggered hatching Hatch-A-Long

Pics
Eeeeeeekkkkkkk!!! Today is harch day for the two remaining eggs from the second batch... i quickly candled because i didn't think they were alive.. (slap my hands) I have an internal pip and the other one was moving.... now I have my hopes again.. *ordered 4 because I didn't think they were alive.. oops* chicken math at it finest..

We have an external pip and starting zip

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200313-152018_Alfred Camera.jpg
    Screenshot_20200313-152018_Alfred Camera.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 6
Something else, how is the corona madness over there? My daughter has a cold and needs to stay indoors without contact with other people for a week... the schools are closing down starting monday untill the 3rd of april and everything except stores need to close.
Food stores can be open all week, but other stores need to close in the weekends.
what am I worrying about? Well, if I can still go pick up my eggs on sunday!:duc

One healthy chick and the other as I thought didn’t make it.. I check this morning still no internal pip no movement. It’s veins were absorbed but yolk wasn’t, it’s head was between its legs and at the pointy end of the egg.. :(. The other seems to be healthy and will definitely make it... stronger than the last that hatched and didn’t make it.. fingers crossed 🤞

I am doing a staggered hatch 1st batch of 17 eggs were set 2/29 and 2nd bach of 5 eggs were set 3/7. Should I keep the egg Turner going until bach 1 is 20 days, so batch 2 would be 13 days or should i remove the Turner and hand turn batch 2 eggs until day 20 then lockdown

Last edited:
I am doing a staggered hatch 1st batch of 17 eggs were set 2/29 and 2nd bach of 5 eggs were set 3/7. Should I keep the egg Turner going until bach 1 is 20 days, so batch 2 would be 13 days or should i remove the Turner and hand turn batch 2 eggs until day 20 then lockdown

Personally I would remove the turner and hand turn until day 14 then you can stop turning those as well.

Back
Top Bottom