Staggered Hatching

Ramblin Rooster

Hatchaholic
7 Years
Apr 14, 2012
Fairfield, Connecticut
Interested in learning more about staggered hatching. Do you put them in the turner for 18 days then a non automatic bator for the rest and put in new eggs right away? Thanks

Also how can I optimize egg hatching space in an octagon 20 autoturn?

Last edited:
You can add eggs as often as you want as long as you leave enough time for lock down and hatch between batches. I keep at least 4-5 days between hatches.

I used an automatic turning incubator and then moved them into a simple styrofoam incubator to hatch. But then I got my cabinet incubator......
love.gif
With that one I just move them down to the bottom hatching shelf when it's time and keep adding on the other shelves.

Sorry, can't help you with your incubator, though!

Interested in learning more about staggered hatching. Do you put them in the turner for 18 days then a non automatic bator for the rest and put in new eggs right away?
if you have a separate incubator and hatcher, you can do staggered hatches this way. keep your octagon at day 1-18 conditions, and your second incubator at hatching conditions day 19-21.

If your octagon holds 20 eggs(?), you could add 7 eggs on Friday, 7 eggs the following friday, and 6 eggs the friday after. Then you will have chicks hatching in one week, replace those eggs with 7 more. You would have regular hatches every friday (I figure you would want to watch them hatch over the weekend) as long as you kept setting.

hope this helps :)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom