Stalkers Are Not Fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least the only stalker I had was just a stupid teenage girl drama queen with no erm, guts whatsoever.

The bad thing was though, we tried to get something like a restraining order against her and were told that she actually had to *do* something first. So I want to be protected from this stalker person, but I have to wait for her to hurt me before the cops can even help me??? Yeeeeeeah. I'll take my dog and my gun over any dang police force any day.

Maybe you should get in some target practice and go over the basics of your gun with your hubby????

to the OP, sorry this is happening. Keep a gun handy... And those of you married to LEO's or who are, you know that the police are a reactive force not a preventative (sorry medicine head so if this isn't clear I'll fix later) so your best bet is to be able to protect yourself from the start.

Look up the castle doctrines or No retreat laws and see if it applies.
smile.png

Quote:
I'll echo what Boyd said. For a few months in the twelve years I've lived in this house, we had no German Shepherd. During that time, we had our only break-in. My wife came home to find the back patio door kicked in and glass all over the floor.

Rather than stick around, she drove to the police station, a mere two miles away, and reported the break-in. The cops at the station made a big deal over how she should not go back in the house til they cleared it, in case the criminal was still inside. She drove home, sat in her car with flashers blinking at the end of the short road our house is on, and waited ... and watched police cars zoom by ....one way, then back again, over and over. Eventually she flagged them down, and they made a big deal about the dangerous situation, geared up and went in behind their K9, while my ticked of wife followed behind saying "there's no way he's still in there unless he got into the scotch and passed out"

We've decided never to be without a big dog again ... 2 miles from the police station, an address that's been in place for about 40 years, and they take 45 mins to respond, with lights, siren, and K9. Sheesh.

I worked a while as a deputy in a rural county when I was in college. Most criminal incidents were over when we arrived, unless it was a domestic disturbance or the odd disorderly conduct.

When my DH was on nights I NEVER told anyone I didn't know. Bad move. If this guy is a real weirdo that is useful info. Be very careful!

Get some geese. Sorry, we don't have any rooms available. You could stay in our basement, he'd never find you there!

stalkers peev me off. Shucks ma'am, if I lived closer I'd love to help you out.

Helps me get the aggression out
idunno.gif

We are in southern VA and I have a very noisey Chihuahua that I can loan ya!? lol I hope that all is well now and that he has stopped his barage of calls to you all

My BF was married to a PO and he put a man in jail for running a chop shop. When he got out, and her DH was on night duty, he broke into the house and assaulted her. She was years getting over it. DO NOT take a chance with this guy, as your husband probably is aware of, being in the same business. The one where they told you the four things to do was the best. . .don't take a chance. This IS stalking, no matter how normal he sounds. I think, if I am not wrong, in Illinois, if you really want to pursue it, three times of contacting your or being in your area without a reason can be considered stalking. It's hard to press charges though, from what I have heard people say who have tried. Just be careful!!!

Thank you to everyone that has offered well wishes and advice!

To my extreme relief, I have not heard back from the stalker guy. I'm just crossing my fingers that I got really lucky and that this one was easily scared away. What's sad is that in the back of my head I still worry that it's like a 'calm before the storm' and that maybe it's not the last we'll hear from him and that he's just planning a more serious form of retaliation now that DH blessed him out, and got him into trouble at work.

images

For now I'm happy to say that I decided to drown my fears away in a fun-filled weekend - particpated in the Field Day of the Past (a very awesome country-esque fair that has gotten a lot of recognition over the past few years - tractor pulls are so much fun)! And then if that didn't help take my mind off my past troubles and current worries... the huge chicken swap I went to this morning did the trick - I got 4 new chickens and my first silkie.
big_smile.png

I want to thank everyone again for all of the support. You guys (ahem, and gals) never cease to amaze me!!
hugs.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom